One month out today, and the worse gas so far! Is it vites or half and half?

callmeEJ
on 12/8/11 4:28 am, edited 12/8/11 4:28 am - Minneapolis, MN
Are you taking any chewable vites at all? Some of those have sugar alcohols, and those can wreak havoc with many of our altered guts.
-EJ
"If television's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up." -cat and girl

5'6" HW 325 / SW 317 / CW 214 / First Goal 190    |    Century Club 09/19/2011
momx4
on 12/8/11 7:06 am - TX
thanks ladies......i am confused though....if i stay away from the half and half I feel fine....so why do I need a probiotic?   Meaning do ya'll take them so you can drink milk or use half and half or what?  I don't mind leaving it alone....heck it was my first day to try it, so no biggie.......   I eat yogurt but I'm guessing that isn't enough since it seems ya'll all take them?
Kristi                
mrsannie
on 12/8/11 9:13 am
Also remember you are only a month out and your body s still recovering and adjusting.  I had REALLY HORRIBLE GAS PAINS for weeks until I figured out what was causing it (initally couldn't eat milk products, but now they don't bother me so it may not be permanet.) 

If your not sure about the 1/2 & 1/2 try some Lactaid and see, that helped me.  When the ga****s walk, walk, walk!!!  I just used to walk from the kitchen through the dining room around the hall and back again.  It really helps move it along.

Good luck!

PS Read the labels!  Buy only brand name Lactaid, many store brands contain sorbitol and that is a notious gas producer

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"