My car stinks

Alusien
on 12/7/11 2:58 am - Waxahachie, TX
I use a 50/50 vinegar and water spray, as well as leaving a sliced apple in the car overnight with the windows up.

Victorious_one
on 12/7/11 11:35 am - South Central, PA

Great suggestions so far!  

Leave some open ammonia in the car overnight with the windows rolled up.  It's supposed to absorb the smell.  Just pour out the ammonia the next day and you should be good to go.

Think "courtesy flush" when you're going poop.  You should have a clear bowl when you're all done. There is the occasional floater...they're just stubborn.

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
hollyweasel
on 12/7/11 8:47 pm - MI
The best way to get rid of a sticky car is the below as per my friends who do detailing for my company:

1.  Fabreeze the hell out of those seats, especially seating surfaces.
2.  Use Oziom in the air (or get one of those gel air freshners that come in a can.  You can get them at any major auto retailer).
3.  BLUE CORAL in the carpets.  This will help clear any bacteria still lurking below.  This **** is good - it will just about clean everything and is the big secret for rental car companies.  You may want to blue coral your seat too but you can't drive it for a day then (you don't want to sit in it).
4.  After everything has dried, slice open two oranges, and place open side up in the cup holders.  Close the windows, leave for 2-4 hours.  Place napkins under them to catch any drippings.

Honey if this doesn't work, burn that car. hahaha.

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

hollyweasel
on 12/7/11 8:48 pm - MI
Oh and if you have leather seats, Mother's leather cleaner instead of the blue coral on the seat.  Its the best for leather.

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

pktwatch
on 12/7/11 9:30 pm
One more thing that you can try, and in my opinion it's the best...........use a ionizer, they do not cover smells but remove them! A good one will remove almost any smell, most car detailers will own one if you don't.

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Its a Secret
on 12/7/11 11:33 pm, edited 1/24/12 8:51 pm
Removed because OH has chosen to share my as well as others posts, uploaded pictures, journey etc. on Facebook without my permission.

Blank Out
on 12/7/11 11:41 pm
 You can order them online.  Costco carries a good one!  I have three!  I just love them!  You have to clean them weekly. 

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Alusien
on 12/8/11 5:18 am - Waxahachie, TX
I got a CatMouse ionizer from PetSmart for $35 for the cat box.  Then I got another one for my bedroom. :D

pktwatch
on 12/8/11 12:14 am
I have mine setting on the dresser pointing toward the bathroom........  It does a great job and no smells ever leave the bedroom. I keep it on low (both the fan and the ionizer......

Mine only needs cleaned every couple of months, it is a good one with a heavy wood case, can't remember the brand name.

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)