What's for dinner tonight - Tuesday

yorkieGal
on 12/6/11 6:52 am - Clermont, FL
I absolutely love my slow cooker - just a cheap and cheerful one from Walmart but it gets used at least twice a week in this house!

I am planning on replacing it with one of those one's with a timer and carry case when it decides to die on me!! but so far its going strong, not bad for 30 bucks!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/11 7:08 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
While you are investing, invest in one that can clamp the lid down, so when you are toting it places, stuff doesnt slosh out!  I am ever so thankful for mine! 
(deactivated member)
on 12/6/11 6:46 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

leftover delight.

I marinated some roast beasts in

1/2 cup zesty italian dipping oil
1/4 cup Bragg's Aminos (like a lowerish sodium terriyaki or soy)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (any vinegar will do)
****ton of garlic cloves smashed (probably 30, you could use more, less, or none).

Then slow cooked them on top of a bag of sliced red onions and 2 containers of dried mushrooms.

I have been having the beast, with caramelized onions and mushies under melted smoked applewood blue cheese lately!  YUM!

Handsomefacefella will be having it on a sammich. I just take my meat N chee straight up!  No chaser!  :}

scoob
on 12/6/11 7:25 am - Somerset, KY
Went out for chinese at lunch. The entire family left tonight, doing their own thing. Sitting on the love seat with the laptop, Friend's reruns playing in the background. I fried 2 burgers with double cheese. Just finshed them. YUM!! Good night!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

April M.
on 12/6/11 1:24 pm - MI
We had chicken... I made mine smothered with green chiles, salsa, and cheddar, and hubs had "pizza chicken"... pizza sauce & seasoning, pepperoni, and mozzarella on top of a chicken breast. Yum!

The more I try to cook and get creative, the more I realize I learned from my Mom when she was cooking and I was "just hanging out" in the kitchen as a kiddo. One more reason to love Mom!

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

yorkieGal
on 12/6/11 9:30 pm - Clermont, FL
True, and my Mom says she learns a ton from me these days!

My Mom never had a crock pot and then she was over from the Uk on vacation and had my fav dinner, when she went home she rushed out and bought one! She's got a new crock pot cook book under the tree fro Christmas too!
My Fav crock pot dinner:
Chicken breasts, mushroom soup, chicken soup, fresh mushrooms, garlic and herbs and some sodium free chicken broth all cooked slow in the crock pot. Then just before serving I stir in some philadelphia garlic and herb cooking cream cheese and let it melt in....I have mine like a thick soup/stew, everyone else has theirs over buttered rice, little buttered gold potatoes, pasta or breadbowl (mum;s fav).

I LOVE that my Ds reignited my love of cooking now I'm not owrrying about fat and calories all the time!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Most Active