Exhaustion is setting in, and I'm emotional due to it.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 12/6/11 1:53 am
I'm so sorry

I have really bad insomnia too, so I know what this is like. There is nothing worse in the world than not being able to sleep when you're exhausted. It's like becoming the walking dead, and this is so much worse post op when you're sore, weak and loopy due to the drugs.

Dr. Stewart gave me the green light to take ambien after a couple of weeks.

I'm glad you've called your doc about your newfound tolerance to the lortab. There are tons of medications one can use to get pain under control, so I know your surgeon can help with perscribing something else. In another week or two you may not need the pain medication at all. 

I was on pain meds a little longer than I thought it would be, I was on it constantly for the first two weeks, then by the time the third rolled around I was starting to heal enough where I noticed the pain was dropping quickly. I still used painkillers untill 4 weeks out because there was an occasional return of pain, but I didn't need to use it all the time.

I suspecy your back will feel better once you've shed some weight, too.

Hang in there!

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

PatXYZ
on 12/6/11 11:17 am
I'm quite sure you CAN crush Percocet, as it isn't an extended release drug (Oxycontin is extended release and you can't cru**** but percs are standard release oxycodone). I've done this with my pharmacists blessing when I've had a bad migraine and an overactive gag reflex. If you have any doubt, just call any pharmacy.
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 11:49 pm

Call your DS surgeon and let them know you are not able to sleep and the Loratab isn't cutting it. I'm sure they will call in something a little stronger to get you over the hump. Poor thing... try to catch naps whenever you can.

honeybadger 11
on 12/6/11 1:34 am - FL

I was gonna say ask you Dr for a RX of Ambien but i see you already take it so hopefully they will give you the OK to start taking ti again:) My Dr gave me 15 days worth after surgery.

I HATE sleeping on my back but i will tell you how i did for 2 weeks. 1 pillow under my back, 2 under my head, 1 under each arm and one under my knees. I put a heating pad on the pillow under my back on low.

I dont know if that will help:( So sorry you are having a rough start but it WILL get better soon:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

callmeEJ
on 12/6/11 1:45 am - Minneapolis, MN
See if they can give you a scrip for the liquid version of Percocet (Roxicet). That's what I was on after my DS. Tasted like ass, but got me to sleep when I needed it.
-EJ
"If television's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up." -cat and girl

5'6" HW 325 / SW 317 / CW 214 / First Goal 190    |    Century Club 09/19/2011
(deactivated member)
on 12/6/11 6:36 am
They sent me home with percoset and it says on the label to crush them, so I'd think that would be ok.  I never crushed it tho, I just swallowed it.  HOWEVER, you should REALLY get you some dilaudid!  It is a teeny tiny pill and will knock you out cold.
Lisa A.
on 12/6/11 8:28 am - Windsor, NY
I didn't sleep through the night for a while. I slept off and on. I slept in the recliner for around a month. It was just more comfortable. As for the crying and laughing that is just your hormones playing havoc on you - which they will for a while.

Its a Secret
on 12/6/11 9:44 am, edited 2/9/12 5:56 pm
Comment pulled because OH refuses to respect members privacy and moderates unfairly.

Kayla B.
on 12/6/11 9:50 am - Austin, TX
Did you get any nausea meds?  Phenergan knocks me out...

Benadryl helps too. 
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
beth-28
on 12/6/11 10:45 am
Kayla,

Oh I got Phenergan.......in a suppository!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.