OT- your mission -- should you choose to accept it -- is to find a dress

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 12/5/11 10:37 am
*cue mission impossible music*

So my hubs was jumping up and down last night chanting "VEGAS!! VEGAS!! VEGAS!!!" like a 10 year old after booking our anniversary trip (which also happens to be my surgiversary!)...

Then I realized, since I dropped over 100lbs I don't have anything to wear on our special anniversary dinner.

I tried on about 30 dresses (plus size) at Macy's today. EPIC FAIL! None of them looked right, they made me look like a drag queen. Then I realized it was because I have no ass, yet really broad shoulders, and I have so much loose skin on my abdomen it looks like I have a kangaroo pouch with no waist to speak of.

So I was feeling REALLY down on myself, 1 year out and celebrating a wedding anniversary on the same day and I'd have nothing nice to wear because my body still looks odd and lumpy.

Then I went down one floor to where the regular sized evening dresses live. I noticed some were size 14 and 16... I'm a 14 in plus size so I figured "what the heck!", let me try a few things on! I found two great long evening dresses that didn't make me look like a linebacker in drag, I picked the looser fitting one of the two. Then I realized I needed a plunge bra. The only plunge bra I owned was three sizes too big.

Down to the lingerie floor I go! I find my plunge bra and notice some shapewear. I pick out a few things to tame my mid-section. Sadly I can't even get the darn shapewear past my thighs- HOW DO PEOPLE SQUEEZE INTO THESE THINGS??? With a GIANT SHOEHORN?!?!?! SO I give up, and find a waist sincher instead- it fits, and somewhat minimizes my floppy tummy pooch...

Then I realize,  I have no dress shoes... I never bothered to get any when I was SMO.

*UGH*

Down to the shoe department I go. It's a madhouse. I spent a half hour standing with a couple pairs of shoes trying to find a salesperson to fetch them in my size... No luck.

So I leave and go to DSW... I see a cute dress sandal with a 2 inch kitten heel. I don't wear heels, but now is a good time to start! Sadly they don't have my size. I spy another pair similar in style but with a thinner heel. I couldn't balance myself in them to save my tits... I cry knowing I have to return to the dreaded shoe department at Macy's...

I leave DSW weak and defeated... Then I realize it wasn't defeat. I'd been shopping for 6 hours with no water or protein to sustain me. I began reviewing my take-out options on the walk home...That was when I caught a whiff of kimchee and beef, could it be?? IS IT?? PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE!!

KORILLA TO THE RESCUE!!!!

So I end my evening on a high note, nomming happily on a ribeye burrito with cucumber kimchee and smokey mayo. Nom nom nom...

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

sara3
on 12/5/11 10:53 am
Hi,

I empathize with difficult shopping ordeals but your got there in the end. So glad you got something you can feel good in on your special night.

If you care to check out some great websites with good clothes try:

simplybe.com

They have compression garments in the underwear section I think?

evans.com

torrid,com, is also a staple of mine, you may be to small for their clothes now, they begin at size 0 in plus and go up to a 5x, trendy clothes and lingerie too.

Enjoy your special night

sara3
on 12/5/11 10:58 am
Oppps...  it is evansusa.com
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 12/5/11 11:18 am
Thanks so much for the links! I didn't know about either of those sites, and the clothes look really nice!

I would totally order online, the problem is my flight leaves on Thursday afternoon so that's not enough time to allow for shipped orders. It was a spur of the moment trip planned at the last minute.

So once I realized I had nothing to wear I went into panic shopping mode today.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

sara3
on 12/5/11 11:46 am
torrid.com also have shops in most cities, maybe check out the site and see if they have a store near you, super cute trendy clothes, and shoes to.

At least you have some new sites to check out for next time....
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 12/5/11 12:22 pm, edited 12/5/11 12:23 pm
Well, here's the dress, and a heck of a lot smaller than I could have worn a year ago. The waist sincher helps prevent the excess skin on the tummy from being too lumpy when viewed from the side, but on the front you can't really tell any difference. I'll probably be wearing a scarf to hide my batwings.

I couldn't get the entire length in the camera field, I didn't have anyone to take the shot for me so I had to use a timer

annaleigh1979
on 12/5/11 12:30 pm
You look pretty! Have fun in Vegas and good luck finding shoes.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 12/5/11 12:40 pm
Thanks!  I will brave the crowds tomorrow on the quest for shoes. Since everyone's shopping for the holidays it can be pretty rough out there!

gak
on 12/6/11 9:03 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 Love the dress. Hope you found shoes that you like ! Have a blast in Vegas ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm