Things you never dreamed would annoy you

Chad M.
on 12/6/11 3:05 am, edited 12/6/11 3:05 am - Indianapolis, IN
Good thing you weren't with Nicolle and me at that Brazilian steakhouse in Chicago last week. I mean, I ate like a bird, but that girl can put it away.
Kayla B.
on 12/6/11 5:32 am - Austin, TX
She and I should have an eating competition!  My parents took me to one of those places a month or so ago and pretty sure I out-ate my normal mother by a mile or two.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
(deactivated member)
on 12/6/11 5:25 am
There are days that I can really EAT a lot of food!  There are also days that I cannot.  Have you thought about therapy for this aversion?  I mean, watching what you eat is great, but judging others on the amount they eat is disturbing.  I don't know, I have never paid attention to what someone else eats, well other than the time I was watching some guy eat cooked rattlesnake.
newyorkbitch
on 12/6/11 5:38 am, edited 12/6/11 7:42 am
I didn't interpret it as "judging"  - she's just grossed out.  I totally get it.

I get disgusted by what other people are wearing,  when it's disgusting,  that is.  I think it's very normal and natural to observe what other people around you are doing/look like,  etc.  It's human nature.

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/11 9:01 am, edited 12/5/11 9:04 pm
Judging may have been a poor choice of wording.

I do look at people and sometimes wonder if they looked in the mirror before they left home, just maybe a passing thought, but I really don't worry about what someone else is wearing or eating. I do get upset by what people do at times, but otherwise, I just don't let them take up space in my head.
KellyJTn
on 12/6/11 8:54 pm - Oak Ridge, TN
LOL It's not like I obsess about what people around me are eating. To be honest it doesn't bother me to watch anyone eat, no matter how much. It specifically grossed me out with my ex though. Factors you have to include is that he's a big guy, refuses to get the surgery but yet complains and cries daily about how awful he feels and how fat he is...........but then sits down at a buffet 5 seconds later and puts away 4 plates of food and 2 plates of dessert in 1 sitting. THAT grosses me out. Can't say tha****ching anyone else has ever phased me though, especially not enough for therapy, lol.

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

newyorkbitch
on 12/6/11 8:57 pm, edited 12/7/11 2:19 am
 Now *that* sounds judgmental.  Everybody here is/was a compulsive overeater.  Since when does being fat and feeling bad about it translate into eating less?  Certainly didn't for the folks on this board, yourself inclued,  I would assume.

I'm sure I'm in the majority of people here when I say I spent a lot of years obese and miserable and managed to eat my way into even greater obesity.

I understand being grossed out by the food,  but I do not understand being critical about someone's addiction,  especially since we all share it.

scoob
on 12/7/11 12:22 am - Somerset, KY
Well said!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/11 12:31 am
Alusien
on 12/7/11 1:50 am - Waxahachie, TX
I am CONSTANTLY freezing these days, even dressed in layers.

My husband has taken to running by and snatching my off my feet. I have to threaten to puke in his pants for him to let me go. 

Most Active