Things you never dreamed would annoy you

newyorkbitch
on 12/6/11 12:51 am
It's great,  but I have to admit I didn't do a damn thing - the weight just came of*****ta love the DS.
Poodles
on 12/5/11 10:47 pm - TX
I hate to get cold.  Have to dress in layers now, and don't have the money to buy a ton of clothes.  I am in between sizes now.  10's are tight in waist but fit in legs. 12's fit in waist but too baggy.  Darn.

Ms. Lynn: From your avi it looks like hubby may be use to you dressing concervatively.  New clothes may show off too much to make him comfy.   My DH is a little jealous at this time but says he is happy that he has me and no one else can.

People that treat me differently now because I am thin annoy me.  Why couldn't people be nice to a fat person?
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

LovableLynn
on 12/7/11 12:04 am - Qatar
You are right. My husband is used to me dressing conservatively and I still dress the same way... just in smaller sizes. You may find this funny but the piece of clothing which has brought more reactions from him are my new bras. Since my girls have shrunk I am able to  get nice bras who give me a little lift. When I wass bigger, the girls were too heavy and had no lift to them ...lol.... but going from a 46DD to a 38 C seems to have purked them up a bit...lol... sorry tmi!! Plus the fact that they are no longer resting on a stomach that was bigger than them makes them be more noticeable.... but what can i do??? I cover from head to toe..nothing revealing or tight

HW 175 KG (385 lbs) - then banded in 2008 - DS journey HW 146 KG (322 lbs)

CW 81 KG (179 lbs) - GW 79.5 KG (175 lbs)

newyorkbitch
on 12/7/11 12:22 am
Lynn, he isn't happy with the nice bras and the perkier girls?  

Do NOT allow him to control you or coerce you or abuse you in ANY WAY.  If he actually thinks that you are going to cheat on him now,  your marriage has bigger problems than this anyway.  Please go see a counselor.  It is NOT okay to just say "he's insecure" - that is NO EXCUSE for abuse or manipulation.

LovableLynn
on 12/7/11 12:37 am - Qatar
He is definitely happy with them... as long as I keep them perky inside the house only...arab men are very possessive and jealous.  He is actually being bullied by my mother who is visiting from Canada and giving him a hard time everytime he comments on anything I wear..lol

As for letting him abuse or manipulate me.... this is my 3rd marriage... I am no push-over and I don't stick around to let anyone abuse me...and he knows it!!! As I told him last night...and from the beginning of our marriage, I am not a martyre and I will not let me or my children suffer. If we are unhappy married, we will not continue the misery... but I am willing to give him the chance to dig his way out of the hole he has buried himself into. He is truly a good man and I do love him. I just never expected this sudden jealousy

HW 175 KG (385 lbs) - then banded in 2008 - DS journey HW 146 KG (322 lbs)

CW 81 KG (179 lbs) - GW 79.5 KG (175 lbs)

newyorkbitch
on 12/7/11 2:18 am
Glad to hear it.  Stay strong.
MsBatt
on 12/5/11 11:47 pm
Well, FUCK YOU! (*grin*)

I have some too-big pants, too, and the trouble is that they're pants I LOVE. I just can't seem to toss 'em. I'm too afraid I'll want them again sometime. Probably NOT, but---yopu never know.
MsBatt
on 12/6/11 12:04 am
I never realized how much my mother could annoy me.

When I was SMO, I just...ignored her. Back then, nearly everything she said was about my weight, and I had developed a pretty good shield about those comments. Yes, from time to time she said 'sort of' compliments---like "Your face is so pretty" and "If you lost some weight you'd be..."

I'm now 8 years post-op and 'normal' to everyone BUT my mother. She still views me with a critical eye. She can't really say anything about my weight---I've lost 170 and she's gained 50---but she STILL finds ways to criticize my lifestyle. I eat too much fat (not so!), too much meat (not so!), too much...whatever. (I'm still losing weight, she's gaining. WTF???)
KellyJTn
on 12/6/11 2:41 am - Oak Ridge, TN
I'm not sure you would call it annoyed, but definitely grossed out. It bothers me to see people eat ALOT of food in one sitting now. I honestly just can'****ch it disturbs me that much. This was a huge problem with my now ex husband after my surgery. It almost made me sick to see how much he would eat in one sitting.

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

newyorkbitch
on 12/6/11 2:52 am
FWIW,  I eat a lot in one sitting these days.  Not every day,  but not infrequently.  I have zero restriction.  I'm 11.5 years out.

My malabsorption works in a big way.  I don't eat a lot of simple carbs, however.  But I eat a whole lot of everything else.
Most Active