Things you never dreamed would annoy you

newyorkbitch
on 12/5/11 6:22 am
I dropped all of my pregnancy weight and then some.   I have several pairs of pants that are too big,  and my husband said I cannot wear a couple of them becaue they look baggy.  Oh,  poor me.  

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 7:20 am
* Gail R *
on 12/5/11 7:43 am, edited 12/5/11 8:27 am - SF Bay Area, CA
My 25 year old son, who grew up with an obese mother, says he can't remember that I was ever really obese. He is amazed when he sees old photos. I am happy with that because he was seeing ME not my disability.-- But sort of irritated that he doesn't register the big change in me.
It amazes me that I enjoy my kids hand-me-downs. Things they outgrew!
Edited to add that I am irritated with myself that I don't buy new clothes for myself rather than get rid of perfectly good used stuff.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

J G.
on 12/5/11 1:47 pm
Gail, I know what you mean. Once I proudly donned one of my son's old baseball shirts to show him.  I was so excited.  He hardly even acknowledged it.  Oh well, guess I learned my lesson.
Alusien
on 12/6/11 12:48 am - Waxahachie, TX
Heck, mine are ten and twelve and almost bigger than me!  They also react to my old photos with amazement. H*ll, my husband even does the same thing. He never saw me as being that huge for some reason.

I found a thrift store with $2 items. I tend to hit 'em up once every couple of weeks and drop off my old stuff while I'm at it.

Kind of annoyed my sixes are all falling off now... feh.  I hate to complain, but everything is stupid baggy before I'm done enjoying it!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/5/11 7:45 am
 I couldn't wait to go back to taking baths instead of showers.

Now I fit just fine, can even fit hubby in with me if I want, but what fat I do have is in the wrong places, and bones, particularly my spine on the floor of the tub is a drag.
MsBatt
on 12/5/11 11:52 pm
On December 5, 2011 at 3:45 PM Pacific Time, Bearmom wrote:
 I couldn't wait to go back to taking baths instead of showers.

Now I fit just fine, can even fit hubby in with me if I want, but what fat I do have is in the wrong places, and bones, particularly my spine on the floor of the tub is a drag.
I live for long soaky-baths. I run my tub half-full of HO****er, then wait a half-hour to get in and run some MORE ho****er. I can easily spend an hour in the bath.

Hiro is afraid of the bath---he stinks, and gets a weekly bath after I'm finished. Does Bear bathe? Inside, I mean?

(I'm really NOT a stalker---I just think Bear's beautiful.)
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/6/11 5:31 am
Lol, I've felt like a stalker with you before, but I know I always agree with your posts, on top of liking dogs, gardening and old houses. You just always post something that rings with me.

Compared to other dogs I've had, Bear is the least stinky, but he gets baths any time we walk out on sal****er beach. He ends up walking through something stinkily gross, and leg and tummy hair drag, so that has to be cleaned off. I also have some chamomile and lavender dog shampoo that I like the smell of, so when the scent wears off of that, he needs a new dose. You can just barely smell it in in his fur (if you stick your face completely into him) for about a month, so that often dictates when he gets a bath.

He is an absolute pill about the bath, and goes limp and flat against the floor so you can't wrangle him in. It takes at least 2 strong people to get him in, and it's usually touch and go as to who is going to win the battle. Then he hangs his head so low while in there, that is snout is on the floor, and you can't wash his front or rinse his head without all the water flowing over his face and nearly drowning him.

I'm going to try your method of filling the tub. This house has acrylic baths, and I like the old fashioned cast iron ones, because they hold the heat from the water for hours. My tub now starts cooling immediately, so I need to add more hot every 10 minutes or so, meaning a bath nap is impossible.

z85sparty
on 12/5/11 8:29 am - Mason, MI
1) Yesterday was the second day that my swelling what really done after my TT, so I decided to try on my pants (jeans and dress pants) for the second time post plastics.  The first time I couldn't come close to buttoning them since I was so swollen!  Well, yesterday I basically broke down in tears as I was trying all my pants on!  Literally, not one pair of my pants fit anymore.  And it's not that they are too small, it's now they are all way too big!  By at least 4-6" inches!  WTF!!!  And to top it off, I used to wear all my pants up high on my waist to hide my extra skin, and now they all fall off my waist down to hips.  So, for the 10th time in 2 years I now have to replace every pair of pants I own!!  If I wasn't required to wear suites for a living it might not be bad, but I am really over this whole needing to buy new clothes thing!

2) I completely second the seat belt thing!  OMG, I never knew the seat belt sitting on your collar bones could hurt so much!!! 

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18