LAB GURUS - Help needed please - 4 month post-op lab results

MajorMom
on 12/5/11 6:17 pm - VA
B12 is ok to be higher than the top of the range. If it makes you more comfortable you could cut back your supplement to 5 days a week rather than every day. You're doing great. I also want to say you liver enzymes AST and ALT look good.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

LovableLynn
on 12/6/11 11:53 pm - Qatar
Just wanted to follow up... yesterday I met with my surgeon who had put the band in me...and... I was so relieved to know he knew everything about the DS. For the first time since I had my surgery, I felt comfort in knowing I was not in this alone and that I finally had a medical caregiver who actually knew what I was going through.

When i asked him why he was not part of the bariatric team, he told me he was not impressed with how they were managing their clinic. They did not care about the patient. It was just a number thing for them. It is so sad that we got to benefit from Dr. Gagner being in Qatar this past year to unfortunately suffer from the lack of after care. Heck, not even the bariatric dietician knows anything about the DS. Most of the Dr's I have seen since my surgery have told me my DS is like the RNY to which I always myself in an argument.

Back to my appointment, he has ordered another full series of test to be done in 2 months which will be exactly 3 months after my last results and even mentioned that sometimes down the line he will order an ultrasound just to make sure my gallbladder is fine.

I will admit that although I wass prepared to face my journey alone, I am sooooooo relieved to be in the hands of this Dr. now.

HW 175 KG (385 lbs) - then banded in 2008 - DS journey HW 146 KG (322 lbs)

CW 81 KG (179 lbs) - GW 79.5 KG (175 lbs)

MajorMom
on 12/7/11 1:05 am - VA
I'm so glad you found a doc to work with long term. Sounds like he will stand by you.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny