I'm here!!! Update from a 6 day old

seekingsusan
on 12/5/11 8:29 am - Livermore, CA
DS on 05/24/12
Thanks for the details!

Congrats on your trippin' over to the Dark Side.
S~

sandyv63
on 12/5/11 10:33 am - Naples, FL
I'm so happy to see you're posting again! I knew you'd get through it and it is all over now so just rest and recover. I guess because you already had the sleeve, you won't go through the gawd-awful eating experiences us new post ops deal with.  I wonder why they had you on a dilauded drip. I was on morphine. I also got those wonderful toridol shots but I had a reaction to it and then it was gone, snif. Once I was released, I got a script for dilauded, which are small pills and did not bother me at all. I got a script for anti nausea meds too. I also didn't have that awful NG tube. Why the heck did they leave that in? I specifically asked my surgeon if it could be removed before I woke up and he said sure.

I had 2 iv's going simultaneously so I know what you mean about your hand/arm being sore. Mine were in the hand because of my small, rolling veins. Then another tech would come in and siphon me for blood in my other hand. Ewww, I was sick of it.  I mean really, how much blood do they need? I thought I'd leave there anemic. But it really gets better every day and the worst of it for me has been the eating. You've gone through that already when you had the sleeve so I think the worst of it for you will not be the actual switch; I think it will be the healing of such a large incision.  But I know you can do it!!! So glad you're back...
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 10:49 am, edited 12/5/11 10:51 am
Thanks Sandy!  I had the dilaudid in my IV because morphine makes me terribly nauseous.  I asked for something else before surgery and that's what they chose.  Yeah, I'm eating regular meals right now.  I haven't had many carbs yet tho, so I'm waiting for the carb withdrawals to start.  So far I've been eating nuts, tilapia, chicken, and cheese.

No idea why they left the damn NG tube in.  I didn't get it removed until the 3rd day, about 24 hours before I was released.  Buchwald was determined that it was going to stay in until I pooped.  Really super sucked tho because I couldn't even have ice chips while it was in.  So 3 days with nothing by mouth.  ARGH!
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 12/5/11 10:49 am
You are a tropper! Sounds like the worst is behind you. Speedy healing!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 10:53 am
Thank you!!
pktwatch
on 12/5/11 11:11 am
That's good news, glad that you are doing well!

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Most Active