BACK PAIN

MARTINA P.
on 12/4/11 8:35 am - ROCKMART, GA
I was wondering if anyone else have experienced bad back pain since they lost a large amount of weight I am seeing a chiropractor twice a week right now. 
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

MajorMom
on 12/4/11 9:06 am - VA
I can certainly understand how rapid weight loss can throw your back out of whack. I hope the chiropractor helps.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Elizabeth N.
on 12/4/11 10:39 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yes, I did. I had plenty of back misery before surgery, but I got different back misery until my frame adjusted to the weight changes.

Alusien
on 12/4/11 10:00 pm - Waxahachie, TX
I was originally seeing my chiropractor after a Type I Separated Shoulder didn't want to heal up after a year, plus some superior-clavicular mild scoliosis.

I have noticed as I've lost weight that my shoulders and middle-back area seem to get out of whack more often since before dropping the weight.  It'd be very easy for me to hit up the chiro every week (instead of every six weeks) but I've found that yoga and hot showers, as well as some muscle rubs, help keep my muscles from over-reacting to adjustments and pulling me back out of alignment.

Does your chiro give you stim or TENS treatments after adjustments?  They helped my shoulder IMMENSELY and almost immediately.

Post-adjustment, make sure to drink more water than usual to help flush any toxins.

My chiro had some Corganics Relief gel on the counter one day and I got some on a whim.  It is AMAZING.  This is coming from someone who's tried Tiger Balm (both red and white), Badger Balm for joints, Aspercreme, IcyHot, ice packs, etc.

USE. IT.

MARTINA P.
on 12/5/11 8:24 am - ROCKMART, GA
 Is there any type of body support products that will help with this back pain.  I am trying any type of natural thing I can to relieve this pain.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

Poodles
on 12/5/11 12:11 pm - TX
I know what you are going thru.  My doctor has me on the Fentynal patch right now.  I have increased my vitamin D (because low d can cause pain), and use Valarian root to help spasms/help me sleep.

Hot showers help.  Tens unit helps.  I have even tried the Gerson Therepy protocol for pain relief (www.gerson.org) and it works.  Weird how some weird things actually work.  But it is not practical for me on an everyday basis.  (Talking about the "coffee breaks")  I have tried them and they work though.  I will resort to a "break" when the pain is just unbearable.  Drinking the juices to cleanse helps, but I don't juice my own.  I buy the organic carrot and apple juice and mix it.  I do notice a lack of energy and worse pain when I DON'T drink the juices daily.  The Hippocrates soup is good on a cold day too. (you can google that for the receipe). But be prepared for the gas the carbs give you. 

Sure hope you feel better soon.   
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html