Who else feels like they eat like a horse!?

newyorkbitch
on 12/4/11 12:01 am
 The biggest problem here is protein malnutrition.

I wonder how the OP's labs are...
Sher Bear Mama
on 12/4/11 12:05 am
 I wonder as well.
Sher--the bear mama

1Blessed4life
on 12/7/11 3:50 am
sorry some of this is reposting to answer the similar questions...
Thank you for your post, I do know that protein is Super important to us DSers. No, I don't think I got 100g of protein that day! lol It was an indulgent day outting with my hubby.
I love refried beans, all nuts; cashews, sunflower seeds, pecans, peanuts, almonds, pistachios, meaty chili, avacado, hummus, all cheeses, sandwich/lunch meats, cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt, apricots, cranberries, baby spinach, pineapple, strawberries, blackberries (smoothies), oranges & tangerines, asparagus, celery, garlic, onion, cucumbers... split pea & ham soup, love seafood salad! and egg, or chicken salads, and add more bacon, I eat many of these through out the week... I was put on Creon by my doc because I was losing 16 lbs per month getting close to goal weight & had to slow down my weightloss, I finally managed to add some extra meals & get off the creon, but until then I was focused on my goal weight.

I started out at 258lbs, and I really stayed strict until I lost 100 lbs & then still didn't stray much until my goal weight, (stayed away from white flour & white sugar carbs, ect) And I was at the gym 4 days per week. So stay focused on using the 1st year as your window of opportunity to get your health back & get close to goal weight then you have the rest of your life to enjoy & get into a maintain routine. I check the scales daily to see what 'options' I have for that day & if I am 135 - 138 I stray away from carbs more, (and may work out more at the gym or stairs, ect.) & if I am at my regular 133 or less, I can taste more yummies that day! lol protein should be 1st choice, and some meats are harder for a new DS tummy to digest - you can just 'try' things & then go back and try/reintroduce them again later.
Thanks!
love my DS family
Mike A.
on 12/4/11 12:43 am - Independence, MO
I'm 2.5 years out. I had gone from 452 to 186. Due to my increased simple Carb intake and lack of excersize I have gained
22 pounds in the past 6 months. It creeped up a few pounds at a time & didn't really sink in until today. Get more protein & lots less simple carbs. I think the amount you're eating is fine.

Mike
HW 452/SW 428/ CW 188/GW 190

1Blessed4life
on 12/7/11 3:50 am
Thank you for your post, I will be 2 yrs post DS on Jan 22nd, and I Know exercise was & is really important for me to stay healthy. I just did the 5K turkey trot before Thanksgiving & was able to run the WHOLE thing!  I also came in 20th for my age group 40-49 & finished in 37.43! (for me that's really good & I'm 44 yrs old! lol)
I do know that protein is Super important to us DSers. No, I don't think I got 100g of protein that day! lol It was an indulgent day outing with my hubby.

Some of this is reposted to answer similar questions.. for more of the normal foods I try to eat; I love refried beans, all nuts; cashews, sunflower seeds, pecans, peanuts, almonds, pistachios, meaty chili, avocado, hummus, all cheeses, sandwich/lunch meats, cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt, apricots, cranberries, baby spinach, pineapple, strawberries, blackberries (smoothies), oranges & tangerines, asparagus, celery, garlic, onion, cucumbers... split pea & ham soup, love seafood salad! and egg, or chicken salads, and add more bacon, I eat many of these throughout the week... I was put on Creon by my doc because I was losing 16 lbs per month getting close to goal weight & had to slow down my weight loss, I finally managed to add some extra meals & get off the creon, but until then I was focused on my goal weight.

I started out at 258lbs, and I really stayed strict until I lost 100 lbs & then still didn't stray much until my goal weight, (stayed away from white flour & white sugar carbs, ect) And I was at the gym 4 days per week. So I recommend for new DSers, staying focused on using the 1st year as a window of opportunity to get your health back & get close to goal weight then you have the rest of your life to enjoy & get into a maintain routine. I check the scales daily to see what 'options' I have for that day & if I am 135 - 138 I stray away from carbs more, (and may work out more at the gym or stairs, ect.) & if I am at my regular 133 or less, I can taste more yummies that day! lol protein should be 1st choice, & water/liquids. I know some meats are harder for a new DS tummy to digest - you can just 'try' things & then go back and try/reintroduce them again later.
Thanks!
love my DS family
Blank Out
on 12/4/11 12:52 am
 Wow, I would die if I ate pancakes!  How are you able to do that????  Glad you are below your goal!  My loss stopped flat at 15 months, and I am not at goal.    So, you are very lucky!

Yes, I eat all day just to get in all my protein!  I feel I am always eating!  I eat 3 cups of greek yogurt a day, which gives me about 60 grams of protein.  And, then I have to eat constantly to get the other 60 in!  No room for carbs at all!  Other than what is in the protein I eat.  

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

1Blessed4life
on 12/7/11 4:29 am
Thanks for your post, I think because every DS 'body' reacts differently, some people can proably eat things that don't settle as well with me as others, and I can eat some things that others can't and don't have as strong of a reaction as they might.
I know that excercise is instrumental for many DSers to get down to goal, do you excercise regularly?
Sounds like a great go to for you to get protein in with your yogurt! Great job!
I did answer many of the other questions on this post & posted my labs, thanks again for your post I sure appreciate others on this board, it really helps me identify that I am not alone on this journey!
momx4
on 12/4/11 1:07 am - TX
I'm sure Tina will chime back in....but her labs were great the last time they were run!  She was a godsend to me during my surgery and recovery 3 weeks ago.  I assume it is YMMV.....not all can eat bread without consequences, some can.....not all can drink milk......some can!  Sounds to me like she is one of the lucky ones!!  And she stated this is not a typical day!
Kristi                
newyorkbitch
on 12/4/11 1:21 am
I'll say it again - the main issue is inadequate protein.
1Blessed4life
on 12/7/11 4:33 am
I agree...
I did post some of my recient labs at the end of this post & will need to up some of my vits to get to top levels, I see the Nutritionist Friday & have been on vitalady's DS routine for over a year & a half.
Thanks for you input!
I love my DS family