Who else feels like they eat like a horse!?

1Blessed4life
on 12/3/11 6:01 pm
I can't believe the food I eat & keep thinking I will start gaining weight... I'll be 2 yrs out from my DS on Jan 22nd, and have come a Loong way from 3 TBS food at 3 mos out!
*Note; I don't recommend eating like this until you are at & maintaining your goal weight & excercising!
My goal was 150, and now I am maintaining at 133 but I have to eat what seems like a lot of food - more eating like 6 small meals and snacking in between.
This was my food today - though not normal while I was out shopping...
Maintaining &staying off creon...
B: chocolate chip pancake w/ butter & syrup
S: 2 mini dove chocolates
L: tostada (refried beans, corn tostado & sm soft flour tortilla, taco meat, cheese, salsa, lettuce, tomato, olive, green onion, sour cream, avocado) & 1/2 mug rootbeer.
S: 1/2 mini choc choc cupcake, 1/4 coconut cupcake, 1/4 carrot cake cupcake, 1/4 red velvet cupcake; from Hello Cupcake.
D: date night w/ $25 coupon/certificate! 1/2 triple skytower deluxe cheese burger w/ bacon & avacado, 4 onion rings w/ dipping sauce, 6-7 french fries, 1/2 hubby's root beer & 3/4 blackberry & banana shake from Norma's burgers!
S: 6-8 bites choc choc fudge cake & spoon of peanut butter, milk
S: bologna & cheese sand (took off outside crust) mayo & must - w/ 8-10 BBQ chips on it & mini dill pickle, 14/ mug rootbeer
S: had some nuts too, a few here & there snacking during day.
Chrystal light lemonade w/ vites
all VITEs; done
Out & about walking around Christmas shopping was my excercise today!
What are you eating that surprises you now?

View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image 
 HW: 260 / SW: 254 / CW: 140 on 01/15/13 Orig GW: 150             ~Jeremiah 29:11  

newyorkbitch
on 12/3/11 9:09 pm, edited 12/3/11 9:48 pm

Do you think you got 100g of protein in there?

You are asking for big trouble.  It is not the quantity that matters,  it's the content of what you eat.

You need more protein,  and I don't see any complex carbs in there.  

Start tracking using fitday.

1Blessed4life
on 12/7/11 3:33 am
Thank you for your post, I appreciate the input from other vets, and do know that protein is Super important to us DSers. No, I don't think I got 100g of protein that day! lol
I love refried beans, all nuts; cashews, sunflower seeds, pecans, peanuts, almonds, pistachios, meaty chili, avacado, hummus, all cheeses, sandwich/lunch meats, cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt, apricots, cranberries, baby spinach, pineapple, strawberries, blackberries (smoothies), oranges & tangerines, asparagus, celery, garlic, onion, cucumbers... split pea & ham soup, love seafood salad! and egg, or chicken salads, and add more bacon, I eat many of these through out the week...
I do like fitday!
Thanks!
love my DS family

HW: 260 / SW: 254 / CW: 140 on 01/15/13 Orig GW: 150             ~Jeremiah 29:11  

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/11 10:13 pm
1Blessed4life
on 12/7/11 3:38 am
I agree - a New DS tummy should really stay strict & focus on the goal weight that first year is a great tool & window of opportunity for you to strive to get into a healthy routine.
Yes, it was a fun indulgent day outing with my hubby, not a normal eating routine, but amazed at what I can eat & the next day get on the scale & lose weight! crazy!
I do not get gas very often except in the bathroom. I do watch my weight daily - when I was losing too much doc put me on Creon to slow the weighloss & I added more foods (another meal) to get off the creon. Now I maintain at 133lbs & watch that number - if I go over 137 then I cut back on the carbs & excercise more, If I am at 133 or lower I may not be so strict.
Thank you for your post, I appreciate the input from other vets, and do know that protein is Super important to us DSers. No, I don't think I got 100g of protein that day! lol
I love refried beans, all nuts; cashews, sunflower seeds, pecans, peanuts, almonds, pistachios, meaty chili, avacado, hummus, all cheeses, sandwich/lunch meats, cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt, apricots, cranberries, baby spinach, pineapple, strawberries, blackberries (smoothies), oranges & tangerines, asparagus, celery, garlic, onion, cucumbers... split pea & ham soup, love seafood salad! and egg, or chicken salads, and add more bacon, I eat many of these through out the week...
I do like fitday!
Thanks!
love my DS family

dustydeer
on 12/3/11 10:24 pm
Oh dear God, where the hell is your protein?!

I mean, I love you, love seeing your posts, etc...but 2 things are:

I wouldn't want to be near you when the stink started and protein girl...you will not survive on that. I realize you said this is not a "normal" day, but even if you took a trip to Willy Wonka's Candy Factory, (which that's what that menu looks like to be honest).....I'd at least except to see you went bat**** and killed one of those OompaLoompas and toasted it over a makeshift fire to get your protein in.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

1Blessed4life
on 12/7/11 3:42 am
haha Love your post!
At almost 2 yrs out, I am so glad that not every 'body' is the same & so far don't have major gas except in the bathroom.
Yes, kindof repeating info here:
 I really stayed strict until I lost 100 lbs & then still didn't stray much until my goal weight, (stayed away from white flour & white sugar carbs, ect) And I was at the gym 4 days per week. So stay focused on using the 1st year as your window of opportunity to get your health back & get close to goal weight then you have the rest of your life to enjoy & get into a maintain routine. I check the scales daily to see what 'options' I have for that day & if I am 135 - 138 I stray away from carbs more, (and may work out more at the gym or stairs, ect.) & if I am at my regular 133 or less, I can taste more yummies that day! lol protein should be 1st choice, and some meats are harder for a new DS tummy to digest - you can just 'try' things & then go back and try/reintroduce them again later.
Thanks!
love my DS family

strawberry28
on 12/3/11 11:15 pm - somewhere, MD
Looks a lot like my typical day minus a bit or two of the cupcakes and pancakes. Just add a protein shake in there( 1 and a half scoops) and monitor your protein levels.

Anyway to answer you question and the purpose of your post. Yes, I feel like I eat like a farm animal. Always looking for something to put in my mouth. Isn't the DS grand!
SW= 268     
CW= 145  ***GOAL REACHED on Christmas Day 2010****             
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
 LapBand 3/2006 to Revision DS 12/2009
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

Extended Tummy Tuck, BL/BA scheduled for 11/18/11 Dr. Larry Lickstein          

1Blessed4life
on 12/7/11 3:46 am
I love refried beans, all nuts; cashews, sunflower seeds, pecans, peanuts, almonds, pistachios, meaty chili, avacado, hummus, all cheeses, sandwich/lunch meats, cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt, apricots, cranberries, baby spinach, pineapple, strawberries, blackberries (smoothies), oranges & tangerines, asparagus, celery, garlic, onion, cucumbers... split pea & ham soup, love seafood salad! and egg, or chicken salads, and add more bacon, I eat many of these through out the week... I was put on Creon by my doc because I was losing 16 lbs per month getting close to goal weight & had to slow down my weightloss, I finally managed to add some extra meals & get off the creon, but until then I was focused on my goal weight.
 I really stayed strict until I lost 100 lbs & then still didn't stray much until my goal weight, (stayed away from white flour & white sugar carbs, ect) And I was at the gym 4 days per week. So stay focused on using the 1st year as your window of opportunity to get your health back & get close to goal weight then you have the rest of your life to enjoy & get into a maintain routine. I check the scales daily to see what 'options' I have for that day & if I am 135 - 138 I stray away from carbs more, (and may work out more at the gym or stairs, ect.) & if I am at my regular 133 or less, I can taste more yummies that day! lol protein should be 1st choice, and some meats are harder for a new DS tummy to digest - you can just 'try' things & then go back and try/reintroduce them again later.
Thanks!
love my DS family
Sher Bear Mama
on 12/3/11 11:45 pm
Congratulations on how well you're doing and feeling with your DS.  It sounds like you're really enjoying life and that's a blessing (especially THIS time of year!).

I'm getting the DS tomorrow and have done my share of research.  Everything I read says that all of those simple carbs will lead to weight gain at some point since you body will absorb the carbs.  Am I wrong here, Vets?  I know everyone's body is different, thus some can consume all of those carbs without the ill affects of gas, bloating and loose stool.  One of my OH and REAL World friends is able to eat lots of carbs without much difficulty.  But I'm worried that this post (however wonderful it sounds) might send a bad message to preops and newbie dsrs who might not understand that we should really focus on protein and avoid all of that sugar.  I'm not saying that it isn't ok to indulge in moderation at some point, but I think it's important to note that it's really important to eat that protein first.

Have a very happy holiday.

Sheri
Sher--the bear mama