Your opinion on having the DS performed by "virgin" surgeon

pktwatch
on 12/4/11 12:16 pm
If you want switched then you need to switch surgeons!

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

shakesgirll
on 12/4/11 12:29 pm
Haha, good one !

Indeed! I have written an email to one of the 2 surgeons suggested in France yesterday, and he has just answsered me, so he'll be back in France on Thursday and take more time to examine my request, and has already done the surgery, notably on several people who live in the same city I live in (Lyon), so he is willing to send me their contact details.

I'm soooo glad you've given me all that information!
I'll keep you updated,
Sara
Elizabeth N.
on 12/4/11 11:50 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Yay!  I want to come visit .

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 1:09 pm
Blank Out
on 12/4/11 7:33 pm
 There is a surgeon in London.  I believe his name is Mr. Pattel.  Don't know if I spelled that right?  Kirmy, where are you?

Don't have a non DS surgeon do this surgery.  It is a very complex surgery, and you don't want to take that chance.   Traveling to London is very doable if you live in France!

Best to you!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

shakesgirll
on 12/4/11 7:51 pm, edited 12/4/11 7:52 pm
Thanks for the advice, I know that it seems close to you, but truely, for me, it isn't.

Besides, social security doesn't work outside the country, and I can't affort to have the surgery without social security.

I've made appointments with the 2 surgeons suggested in France, and actually, I'm going to have to cancel with 1 of them because it's financially impossible.

But the other one has experience and works in a hospital, so it should be OK.

I don't know how it works in the USA regarding social security matters, but here, if you go to hospital, you just pay your room.
If you go to a clinic, the surgeon charges you whatever he wants.

Then, you can have insurance, which I have.
But still, my insurance takes in charge only 1/3 of what the surgeon asks, and less than 1/2 of the price of the room.

It depends on your insurance. I'm a teacher, I have the teacher's insurance, and really, it's not enough to be able to choose properly your health practitioners.

So that's how it is, and why I need to stay in France and in hospitals ...

Sara
Elizabeth N.
on 12/4/11 11:50 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Isn't there some kind of reciprocity arrangement for treatment in other EU countries?

newyorkbitch
on 12/5/11 12:06 am
 Not when the service is available in your country. She has no option outside of France.
Elizabeth N.
on 12/5/11 12:07 am - Burlington County, NJ
I am aware of other arrangements in some cases in Germany, which is why I was asking.

newyorkbitch
on 12/5/11 12:10 am
 She would have to demonstrate that what she needs medically is unavailable in France and that's not going to happen.