Lori's Protein Coffee Drink

fullhousemom
on 12/4/11 2:35 am
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4280141/Step-by-step-di rections-on-how-to-make-the-best-protein

Someone mentioned Lori's Protein coffee drink a while ago.  I found the thread and it looks really really good.  It also had a big discussion about the sugar free syrups that are available!

I haven't had coffee since early September, but I can't stand it anymore.  I can enjoy coffee AND get my protein at the same time?!!!!  Its a dream come true for this newbie.
teachmid
on 12/4/11 6:42 am - OKC, OK
I drink 2-3 of these a day and never get tired of it.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

HeatherLynn
on 12/4/11 12:42 pm - TX
 Thanks for bumping this! Ran to Starbucks and got me some syrup tonight. Also ordered the Champion powder to try. I am still going to try this tomorrow with the powder I have. Now I am running off to search and find out how to make hot drinks with protein. 
teachmid
on 12/5/11 7:01 am - OKC, OK
Heather,
Come take a look at the Bites, Vites and Exercites thread and ask majormom (Gina ) how she makes her hot protein coffee,
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

HeatherLynn
on 12/5/11 7:46 am - TX
On December 5, 2011 at 3:01 PM Pacific Time, teachmid wrote:
Heather,
Come take a look at the Bites, Vites and Exercites thread and ask majormom (Gina ) how she makes her hot protein coffee,
 Alright, will do.

I went to Starbucks to pick up my SF Peppermint syrup, and it wouldn't ring up. Turns out they can't sell it. :( It's "holiday" flavor. Boo...
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 7:49 am
Alusien
on 12/4/11 1:31 pm - Waxahachie, TX
I picked up some Starbucks syrup and heavy cream tonight and made this with two chocolate Dream Protein samples a friend gave me.    I skipped the fake sugar packets, as my tolerance for sweet drinks is pretty low.

OM NOM NOM.  This was beautiful and I didn't get the 'chocolate reaction' afterwards!

(I could never stand regular protein drinks because of the overly-sweet flavors or massive chocolate content. Any chocolate drink comes right back up about 15 min after drinking it, especially the thick protein shakes.)

I think I might limit it to a single caramel syrup punch next time, though. It was a bit over-sweet with two.   Also need to pre-chill my coffee, as I ended up with a rather watered down beverage when all was said and done.

Maybe now I can stop trying to eat ALL the animals every day to get my protein alotment.

Alusien
on 12/4/11 1:34 pm - Waxahachie, TX
Wondering if a vanilla powder might work instead... or even a combo of the two.

Chocolate: my old love, my sworn enemy

~hand to head~

~swoons dramatically~

adkmtngirl
on 12/4/11 11:22 pm - Brant Lake, NY
 I use vanilla protein powder in my coffee shakes all the time! So far I've had 2 triple scoops protein coffee's today.  
Kristina

Alusien
on 12/5/11 12:18 am - Waxahachie, TX
I love you so hard right now.