Tomatoes?

beth-28
on 12/3/11 10:36 am
Do Ds'ers have any problems eating tomatoes? When I get to eat bunless cheeseburgers, I would love to have tomatoes on it!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

MajorMom
on 12/3/11 10:37 am - VA
Never had trouble with them. I love to get them from the local farmers market when they're in season.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/11 10:40 am
Last summer, my treat was 1/2 of a tomato sandwich, fresh, homegrown tomatoes!!

Yummy!
J J the Jet Plane
on 12/3/11 11:44 am
The first few months - the tomato/ and tomato skins did not appreciate me and it seems like it is better now.  Same thing with grape skin.  I would find it coming back u*****t digesting.
After the first few incidents with the skins- I would just cut them off of tomatoes and grapes. Now at 3 months out I can take them both in very small servings accompanied with protein and or fat.
JJ
beth-28
on 12/3/11 12:19 pm
Thanks everyone! I know I am a long way away from eating them, but it's nice to know I have a possibility of eating them again!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

k9ophile
on 12/3/11 12:55 pm
Last night at my surgery center's annual re-union party, they served a delicious tomato half loaded with cheese and fresh herbs, then broiled until the cheese was nicely browned.  Very good with the pork roast and sweet potato "martini" also on the menu.  I also enjoy tomatoes on my cheeseburger and even have some in a small amount of salad with a steak.  All in due time, grasshopper, and you'll be so glad you had the DS as you eat eveything you've always enjoyed, albeit in smaller amounts.

(The sweet potato martini:  a scoop of sweet potato topped with shrimp, scallops, bacon, shredded cheese and green onions....very good!)

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Twi light
on 12/3/11 1:31 pm - NY
i ate them within a few weeks.. never had an issue. mince some tomatoe into cottage cheese or add some greek yogurt and s&p. Just make sure it is diced/minced really small. ...I was really into heirloom tomatoes this summer and i had my DS and was still eating a little bit of them after just as long as i added protein to them and it was nice to have them to moisten the dense proteins.

dustydeer
on 12/3/11 10:59 pm
Only prob I have ever had was canned diced ones. They came back hours later and all by themselves.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

Valerie G.
on 12/5/11 4:40 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
The only thing I notice is looser stools if I eat a lot of them.  I love to make open faced tomato sandwiches in the summer with bacon and cheese, all broiled together.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Poodles
on 12/5/11 12:22 pm - TX
I love tomatoes and have no issues with them.  My favorite thing in the world is an avocado and tomato with jarred artichoke hearts and a little oil from the jar put on them.  Yummy, Yummy!  Makes me want some now.
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html