Any older dser's?

sweetsuzy
on 12/2/11 10:18 am - Defiance, OH
Just wondering if there are any older(over50) dsers who are just now having the surgery and how you are doing,how did you handle everything compared to the youngun's. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks for any info! 
Its a Secret
on 12/2/11 10:21 am, edited 2/9/12 8:26 pm
Comment pulled because OH refuses to respect members privacy and moderates unfairly.

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/11 10:24 am
 Hi, i guess I qualify for older. I'm 62 and had my surgery when i was 60. I lost the weight without any problems. It took me about 11 month to lose it all. 
I take all my vitamins, eat between 120-150 grams of protein every day and I'm enjoying every moment.
I'm not sure how a 62 year old should feel, but I feel younger then I have in years.

So, don't let age stop you.

Good Luck

Inge
sweetsuzy
on 12/2/11 10:29 am - Defiance, OH

WOW!  you are really rocking your ds! i only hope to do as well!  thanks for your reply!! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/11 10:32 am
I was 52 when I had my surgery. I had zero complications, went back to work full-time at a little over 3 weeks out.  I have felt great ever since, actually I feel like I am 25 these days!

Michele
sweetsuzy
on 12/2/11 9:25 pm - Defiance, OH
GREAT! good to know! thanks.
beemerbeeper
on 12/2/11 10:49 am - AL
I was 51 when I had my DS.  It was my very first surgery and very first anesthesia ever.  I do think my recovery was a bit harder than on some of the 20/30 year olds but now that I am 2 years out (and 53) I feel like I am 35.  I have more energy than almost anyone I know (of any age) and I am living a life that I NEVER EVER EVER DREAMED possible.

By the way I now wear a size 4 in women's and a size 3 or 5 in Juniors and I love to wear low rise jeans and cute tops and I think I look great.

My only regret is not having done this surgery decades ago, but better late than never.

~Becky

sweetsuzy
on 12/2/11 9:28 pm - Defiance, OH
becky< i am glad you came through it so well! and it looks like you are truly enjoying your new life! you are right, better late than never!! lol
lauralisi
on 12/2/11 11:01 am - Dona Ana, NM
* Gail R *
on 12/2/11 11:17 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I was just weeks away from my 6oth birthday and felt every minute of it. The process went just as smoothly as one could ask for. Now I feel much younger than my age and must look it too because I have had a few advances made to me by guys in their 40's! I am so out of practice with that kind of attention that I didn't recognize what was happening at first! LOL I have been overweight since childhood and it is so unbelievable to be "normal" weight and have the ability to move and fit like never before in my life. Don't miss this chance for a healthy new you!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164