I need some friends..

gak
on 12/2/11 11:12 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 Welcome and congrats on all your research so far. Praying  your wife "gets it" soon and supports you during this time. I was fortunate my hubby has been very supportive. Wait until you are losing and have energy that you do not have now . It is an AMAZING transformation ! and a wild roller coaster rise. Hang and post - we are all here to help as we can. 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

scoob
on 12/2/11 12:29 pm - Somerset, KY
Welcomw aboard!!

There is lots and lots to learn. I learn something everyday. DSfacts.com was a great starting place. You're already off to a wonderful start.

My husband was supportive but didn't like the idea, also. He did stand beside me through it all. Tried to talk me out of it. I had no family supporting my decision. Guess what? I had my DS family supporting me and that got me through. The people here are wonderful and I refer to them as though I see them everyday!

Fast forward. I am 63 weeks out of surgery and am down 136 lbs. Life is great! My husband loves my DS almost as much as I do. He says now he sees this was the best and ONLY way I was going to get healthy. My mother would love to have a DS of her own but isn't even healthy enough for the sleeve.

Stick around these boards and always remember, this is an OPEN forum. We have many many different personalities. You WILL NOT like them all. BUT let me tell you this, don't burn bridges. Some of the "meanies" or "*****es" as though they are called this by many, are some of the most knowledgeable VETs anywhere around. They will help and the are invaluable!! Deal with it and you'll be better off and more successful because of the "meanies"!! Trust me!

Just read and reready anything you can get your hands on. Again, welcome and happy reading!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

a_new_mii
on 12/2/11 1:18 pm - AZ
 Welcome Tim!!!
Congrats on the beginning of a GRAND adventure.

Took me 20 years and lots of $$$$$  to get here ( Ended up a self pay) but I'm finally on the other side and LOVING MY DS!!!!! 

This forum is a true God Send!!  I didn't find it until after my DSm but I'm so glad I did!! I can't imagine the condition I'd be in if not for the advise i've received here.

READ READ READ and trust that you will be getting the best advise. I know I have never felt better than I do today, and can only imagine it will get better from here.
I look forward to following your progress!!

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

goodkel
on 12/2/11 5:41 pm
You've come to the right place!

You're going to be just fine.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/11 1:18 am
Welcome and congratulations!   Sometimes the biggest nay-sayers become your strongest supporters.  Your wife is understandably skeptical.  No surgery is routine or complication-free 100% of the time.  I'm certain she wants what is best for you and seeing is believing.  

As a fellow male DSer, I can tell you that your surgery will play mind games with your wife.  I don't know her physical characteristics, but if she is overweight she may have some insecurities about being the "big one" in the relationship.  I went from 112 lbs heavier than my wife to over 50 pounds lighter than my wife in 10 months.  Mind games.  As happy as she was with my improved health, she was increasingly self-conscious about her own health.  We are both DSers now and life is great.  It takes a very committed, loving relationship with open communication to get thru your DS journey. 

Stick around and learn as much as you can.  You don't have to re-invent the wheel.  You just have to be willing to ask for help.  
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/11 1:26 am
   Hi there! Welcome to the DS board. I hope you find everything you are looking for here...great group of people with a wealth of knowledge to share...it really helps knowing what to expect-good and bad. For links for pre ops, click on the DS Sticky link in my sig line...happy reading!
HeatherLynn
on 12/3/11 5:15 am - TX
 I will go friend you. I am new here myself, and just had my surgery. This place is great, and the people are too. So helpful.