Kink/Bad Stomach Angle??

Larissa P.
on 12/2/11 3:02 am - Denton, TX
I had a bad stricture that required a second surgery, and I'm doing GREAT now. Hang in there!
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
(deactivated member)
on 12/2/11 4:54 am - Reeseville, WI

I had the same thing happen.  My sleeve folded into a bracket shape instead of a nice banana and I had to have two dilations. 

I do hope all turns out well for you.  It will get better.

provolisa
on 12/2/11 7:50 am - Provo, UT
I just want to add my voice, to wish you well!

May this be the end of your trials, and you recover uneventfully from here on out!!!

~Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

gak
on 12/2/11 10:42 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 Hope your issues resolve soon ! No great words, other than a possible second opinion if your original surgeon can't resolve it. How many DS's has he done ? -  I am not familiar with him. It sux to have complications !  

If you need a second opinion be sure they are on the www.dsfacts.com list of docs

Feel better soon. 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

zpaultx
on 12/2/11 1:37 pm - IL
I believe he has done over 100 DS's...and he's also the Chief of Trauma Surgery at St. Francis Medical Center in Peoria.  He also does revisions as well.   I've built a very good relationship with him and he's highly regarded in this area.  The dsfacts website doesn't seem to have a very complete list of surgeons, in my opinion!  Seems kind of sparse!
--
Z Paul Reynolds
Lap DS 10/19/2011
Dr. Marshall/OSF St. Francis Medical Center, Peoria, IL

MsBatt
on 12/3/11 7:21 am
It's 'sparse' because surgeons have to be vetted in order to get listed there---unlike here on OH, where all they have to do is pay...
zpaultx
on 12/3/11 7:56 am - IL
That might be true, but to have only TWO surgeons listed in all of Illinois seems a little suspect to me :)
MsBatt
on 12/3/11 8:04 am
Not really, when you consider just how few DS surgeons there are. I hope this is no longer true, but when I was researching the DS I was told there were less than ONE HUNDRED DS surgeons world-wide.
newyorkbitch
on 12/3/11 8:14 am
 What do you mean you "believe" he has done over 100 DS's ?  Have you asked him yourself how many he has done?  
zpaultx
on 12/3/11 11:23 pm - IL
We talked about his history early on and I can't remember exactly how many he has done.  What I do know is that he's very well-regarded in this area, he does DS, Roux en-Y, as well as lap bands, and does revisional surgery.  He's also the Chief of Trauma Surgery at a Level I Trauma Center.  Seems more than qualified by my standards!

Paul