DS Christmas List

rhonda C.
on 12/4/11 3:08 am - PA
LUCKY...I wanna be like you..it is freezing for most of us..lol But I'll take it !
Rhonda   

Confidence never comes from having all the answers:
it comes from being open to ask questions

Kayla B.
on 12/4/11 3:13 am - Austin, TX
How cool/warm do people up north keep their homes in the winter?  In Texas I can usually keep it 68 just fine...I just wonder if maybe people in colder temps keep their homes at like 62?  In that case, I'd be freezing. 

My apartment is 67 right now, and my hands and feet are cold, but tolerably so and I'm not in need of wool.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
rhonda C.
on 12/4/11 8:15 am - PA
Well,in the winter/summer I keep mine at 68.That is why I am cold,but my daughter wears shorts around the house,so it must just be me.I usually have double layers on and socks with a blanket while watching tv..lolI wanna move somewhere warm...
Rhonda   

Confidence never comes from having all the answers:
it comes from being open to ask questions

dlappin413
on 12/2/11 1:49 am - Woodstock, GA
First, congrats on the little miracles just arrived and arriving for Christmas.  What a blessing!

I love your list... I'm a bit on the artistic/creative side and love the apron ideas.  I don't have Mom's lace and stuff but, I DO have my grandmother's... some of which she made herself!  I'm gonna put that on my to-do list.

Re MY gift list?  I don't have a list of "things."  I just want to see my son before he leaves for Japan for who knows how long and I don't know when I'll see him again in person.  There's always Skype which I will use but, it's not the same, is it.  That and being able to get out to CA to spend time with my mother and my grandson this coming year and not too far into it.  Mom is 94 and time with her is precious.  Grandson will be 1 year old on the 30th and I've only been able to see him once in May for only a few days.

Happy holidays to you!
I hope you dance with enthusiasm... and a million other things joyful!

feeder3565
on 12/3/11 12:47 am
WOW. Son in Japan, Mother who is 94, and grandson who lives miles away. Time, that precious gift. Sounds like you want more time with your loved ones. It will happen, you will make it happen. Happy Holidays to you.

gak
on 12/2/11 10:37 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 Hey there Karen ! 
Love your post !   Congrats on the new grand babies ! What an exciting way to spend the holidays ! 

Love your list of food wishes for the holidays. I love shrimp scampi better than plain shrimp. Other than great protein, and good health I am not sure what I want for Christmas. Of course, hubby is hoping I come up with something. I told him let's just save up and have a ton of fun on our next cruise ! LOL  I would love to parasail again, but I am not sure he is willing. We are discussing ziplining as well. Time will tell ! 

We are giving out goodies to family and friends of various tastes. One of my fav things we finished today and that was taking sweets to the homebound in the nursing home. They love chocolate and we had goody bags for each of them. 

Blessings for a wonderful CHRISTmas ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

feeder3565
on 12/3/11 12:53 am
Hey Ginger, I remember you are such a good candy maker and baker. I am sure they loved their chocolate bags. The cruise sounds so fun.  Zip lining sounds great. So much to do in this new world we live in, just not enough time or money. Some how we all manage to make things special and get our needs met.

scoob
on 12/2/11 9:13 pm - Somerset, KY
Congrats on the grandbabies, Karen!!

The only thing I've ask for is Zumba for the Wii.
I ask that NO ONE buy me clothes. I have to try everything on.
I am actually so content right now that I'm more excited about the gifts I'm giving my family then getiing anything.
A nice box of steaks would be great, though!!

As for what I bought this year, not a lot. Just a few things I know my family wants
My daughter
Just Dance 3
Desk chair
2 coke shirts
$40 cash in the cutest little box

My son
MP3 player
Microsoft points for XBox 360
Xbox flash drive
$40 cash, again, in one of the cute little boxes

Husband
Killing Lincoln (book)
Leather wallet
A nice big bottle of Crown Royal

Granddaughter so far
Dora the explorer guitar, it's so neat!

Mom
Perfume
A bra

My DH is in charge of the rest,lol!
I'm very excited about Chirstmas this year! Hope y'all have a great one!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

feeder3565
on 12/3/11 1:02 am
I guess your house is the place to be on Christmas. What a list. I bet you love seeing all the smiles your hard work and shopping gave to them.  I almost emailed you about a month ago. We did a mission trip with winter coats and food to southern KY. about a hour from where you live. Just didn't work out, my driver wanted to get straight home. Someday we will hook up. I plan to do this trip 2 times a year. Spring and fall. It is a homeless shelter and across the street is a women's shelter where they can live and get some training to get back into society.  

scoob
on 12/3/11 1:17 am - Somerset, KY
WOW, Karen, that's really neat. Wish we could of met up. Someday soon I hope! I know about the driver wanting to go staright home. That's the way my DH is when he drives me up there. Round trip in the same day. I do good to get him to stop and eat! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"