Got My Date w/Dr. Rabkin!!! Happy Dance, request for Angels

inkedandsleeved
on 12/1/11 4:47 am
 Gang, I got my surgery date with Dr. Rabkin, whose hospital and office is just 5 blocks from my house!

I go under the knife on Dec 19th, when Dr. Rabkin and PA Marie will revise my failed sleeve, and perform a SWITCH! 

It's really important to me that this time I have actual doctors and staff that are near me, and they have a monthly support meeting as well.

I'm really excited and have been researching all that I can get my hands on. I moved to San Francisco two weeks ago, and in 3 weeks from now I'll be SLEEEEEEVED!

I'm also looking for some angels since I'm kinda getting back on my feet in this country again. Angels that aren't afraid of a weird fun chick that can cuss a sailor out, angels that can phone, text, or mail the occasional message of cheer, and angels that don't mind giving me a good *****slap when I need a reality check. My surgery date's at a really crazy time and my family can't make it to San Francisco at the time so they'll arrive a few weeks later, my boyfriend's not arriving in SF until late January, so having an angel (or 2 or 3 or 4... polyangelry sounds good) to ping me every once in a while would be superawesome.

picture for your time:

someone happy dance with me, I don't know how much time I have until I break out into nervous freakout hives.
Alusien
on 12/1/11 5:10 am - Waxahachie, TX
I'm down. :D

Love the pic, by the way!

inkedandsleeved
on 12/1/11 6:47 am
thank you!!
i used to have a crush on a kid from waxahatchie when i was in college. lol.

Alusien
on 12/1/11 6:49 am - Waxahachie, TX
We only recently moved here. Both of us grew up over in Arlington, then got stuck in a crappy small town when we came home after the military.

I got hit on by some High School kid last night down here. It was kinda surreal.

Imissthe80s
on 12/1/11 5:35 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Yeah, yeah, yeah! Party time!

inkedandsleeved
on 12/1/11 6:48 am
 so i take it we're dancin' to 80's music? ;)
Sethman
on 12/1/11 6:22 am
Congrats!!!! Dr. Rabkin is awesome and the nurses and doctors at St. Marys are super nice.
inkedandsleeved
on 12/1/11 7:05 am
 right now that's my main freakout, i'm going to be in the hospital most of the time by myself, i wasn't sure how helpful the st mary's staff was. i roamed around there tuesday just to snoop and be nosy, but wasnt quite sure which wing was the bariatric wing.

his staff are helpful so far. so glad you're doing well. looks like we'll be exactly a month apart :D 
sandyv63
on 12/1/11 8:48 am - Naples, FL
I think you look AWESOME in this picture!  I am happy to be a cheerleader, angel, post DS buddy, whatever you need.  I also did this by myself but I had to fly across the country to do it. How lucky for you to be able to do it so close to home. Of course I could not leave the hospital by myself so a good friend finally flew out to meet me the night before I was released from the hospital but I did all the difficult stuff by myself. It would have been nice to have someone meet me in recovery, etc. but I really didn't care. I was so happy (and drugged up...) because I knew I had done it and I knew my life was changed forever. The nurses were awesome and I felt like a content three year old most of the time.   Kudos to you for getting yourself a great surgeon too!
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
inkedandsleeved
on 12/1/11 3:39 pm
 Yay another awesome angel!

Oh crap, you can't check out of the hospital by yourself? yikes. i'll have a steady stream of visitors, but my checkout's christmas eve and noooobody i know's going to be in town. oops. hahah.
ill call the hospital and see if they can't arrange for a driver to drop me off at home since i'm so close.
man, see, angel's already kickin' butt and making me get prepared better!