Who needs buns anyway?!

Imissthe80s
on 12/1/11 5:33 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Oooooooo.  Honeybadger, I'll take this as a good vibe, I'm waiting for news this week....  More on that later.... 

honeybadger 11
on 12/1/11 1:55 pm - FL

Hey i take everything as a good/bad vibe!

For instance Im a HUGE numbers person...my surgery was scheduled 11/9. My numerology number (by adding every individual date of your birthday together) is 11, hubs 9. Our hotel room was # 119. My pre op rm 9. Everytime i was like this is just crazy! the only room number that was off was my post op rm 518:****pt trying to go into 519 cuz i was so stuck on 1 and 9!!!

Oh yay! I know its hard not to get your hopes up and i never count my eggs until they are in my basket but im swinging extra critters and pray to EVERYTHING that the news will be good!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Imissthe80s
on 12/1/11 11:32 pm - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Jennifer-

I

Imissthe80s
on 12/1/11 11:35 pm - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Where's my message? ): Crap.  Maybe it'll show up.  If not, I said thanks for the encouragement and I can't wait to meet up with some DSers and I'm so thankful for finding all of you and this site!

Valerie G.
on 12/1/11 7:08 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Being a Florida girl myself, I know you've got good supply down there.  Don't forget to enjoy some Cuban roasted pork with plantains....mmmmmmmm

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

BBoop
on 12/1/11 10:33 am
Hey Val...

We have a Tx mess o' barbeque down here called a Frito pie...so it's pulled beef on Fritos with a ton of cheese on top...I don't eat but a few of the fritos and man is it good.

I had a revision to my DS in May...got my stomach redone...apparently the first doc didn't make it small...not at all.  So now I'm losing and loving it.  Can't eat that much yet but that's good.  Who knew my tummy was huge after the first surgery?

Good to see you on here again.

Betty
Valerie G.
on 12/2/11 12:19 am, edited 12/2/11 12:20 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I've heard of Frito pie, but my only beef is Brisket, which makes for an expensive pie. Do they use another cut of beef, like chuck for pulled beef?

Now, I have something called Sloppy Wilbur, where I take pulled pork and cook it down in beer, then drain the beer and make my own sauce concoction. I'll bet we could do a Frito-pie-type thing with that. I've done nachos with it and they're wonderful.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

BBoop
on 12/2/11 6:11 am
Your sloppy wilbur sounds great...yummo.

I'll ask the guy next time I go to Milt's and see exactly what kind of meat they use...I thought it was brisket but it could be something else.

You could use your pulled pork for the Frito pie...that would be some good eating if you ask me.

Take care,
Betty
honeybadger 11
on 12/1/11 2:04 pm - FL
Ive never got the allure of plantains...Now Cuban pork! Oh yeah! our fav Cuban join closed which stinks but there a so many authentic places here, we just have to drive a bit further:) Just like BBQ tho there isnt much i DONT like about Cuban/Hispanic food:)

I told Des our next DS trip should be to Ohio for Porkys:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

dustydeer
on 12/1/11 9:07 am
I am with Val, I like me some conbread. I especially like my BBQ on a piece of fried cornbread fritter, with some coleslaw and bbq sauce.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude