Who needs buns anyway?!

Alusien
on 12/1/11 4:02 am - Waxahachie, TX
If I eat anything served on a bun I flip off the fluffy top half and just eat the bottom half.  Even then I only tend to get in a few bites before just eating all the filling off the top with a fork.

Mmm.. pulled pork....

For my tasted I'd mix in some onion slivers, pickles, extra sauce, maybe some coleslaw.

(My butt fell off, thus leading me to the discovery that I have a very long tailbone. Ow ow ow. I miss my buns.)

Imissthe80s
on 12/1/11 4:18 am, edited 12/1/11 4:19 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Sigh. There appears to be a lot of that lost bun business going around this place. I guess I'll have to invest in those underwear with the built in tush.

Edit: I spelled underware like tupperware at first.

Alusien
on 12/1/11 4:28 am - Waxahachie, TX
It's actually gotten so uncomfortable to sit down without a pillow that I'm almost actually considering buying a pair of the Booty Popper pants. 

Crossing my legs (I can do that now!!!) helps a little.  My friends are teasing me about needing a hemerrhoid ring pillow.

Yoga and combatives classes have been a little painfully awkward as I figure out where my bones stick out now.  I took all my padding for granted, apparently.

After reading this thread I really really want some BBQ for dinner.

inkedandsleeved
on 12/1/11 4:57 am
 hahah. my mom gave me a butt donut as a joke when i started losing weight after my VSG. those things are comfy!
Alusien
on 12/1/11 6:59 am - Waxahachie, TX
~adds to grocery list~

Imissthe80s
on 12/1/11 5:31 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
I totally take my fat for granted in that I have no idea what protruding bones are going to feel like.  Ouch!  Dang it...and I was going to get into yoga when I lost a little weight, it is so good for the mind (depression) as well as the body.  Plus, I see all of these skinny little things doing yoga.  I want to live long enough, and be thin enough to do a shoulder stand dammit!

Alusien
on 12/1/11 6:59 am - Waxahachie, TX
Being able to feel my bones is WEIRD.  About three months post-surgery my husband laid his hand across my hip while in bed (he was mostly asleep) and was all, "What's this? Are you ok??"  I had to explain to him that he could finally feel bones and that I hadn't suddenly developed giant hard tumors.  

I actually checked out a local yoga class last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! I just need to double (or triple!) up on my mats next time.

My ****yx is extremely long compared to most people's, thus I have to make sure to roll to one side of my spine (to keep pressure distributed between both my hip bone and my tail bone and not on the point of either) when going between laying and seated positions.  This was really my only issue I ran into last night.   With a bit of mindfulness and thicker mats it shouldn't be an issue from here on out.

It's really more of an issue in my combatives classes where we train on hardwood floors.

My yoga skills have always been rather limited due to my fat bits in the way. Now I find I have NO problems getting into any of the poses.

As to the shoulder stand... I did one last night!

Don't dismiss the chance to get back into yoga just based on my whingeing.  *****ing and moaning is one of my favourite past-times, after all.  

Valerie G.
on 12/1/11 7:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I promise you'll get accustomed to it.  One day you'll realize "Hey, my butt doesn't hurt anymore" and can't put your finger on when it stopped hurting, but be glad it just did.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Valerie G.
on 12/1/11 5:11 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 With any sandwich, I'll eat close to half of it with the bun and all, then I start the dissection process for the rest of it.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

honeybadger 11
on 12/1/11 5:20 am - FL
As weird of a co-winkie-dink as this is, pulled pork and cole slaw was the first meal i had after finding out i was having the DS and right now i have a butt o pork waiting to go into the slow cooker...esp, idk!!! or maybe i just eat a lot of pulled pork! HA!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com