Who needs buns anyway?!

Imissthe80s
on 12/1/11 2:53 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Yep, I just ate my pulled pork sandwich without the bun.  Do I see a DSer in the making here? I'm thinking heck yes! And no, this post isn't about those BUNS but I'll probably end up losing those too.  Oh, well, nobody said the DS comes without sacrifice.

Valerie G.
on 12/1/11 3:18 am, edited 12/1/11 3:20 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
mmMMMMMmmmm I just happen to own my own BBQ, and here's the secret. YES, ditch the bun - then top with green beans and mix in sauce with all of it.

Better even still, pulled pork topped with coleslaw. We call that the "Naked Nasty Pile o Meat"
My confession - I do enjoy one corn muffin per day

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Imissthe80s
on 12/1/11 3:24 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Oh, Valerie! This all sounds so yum! I love pulled pork and could eat it everyday! Hey, you could too, if you wanted.  If you don't mind my asking, what's the name of your restaurant?

Valerie G.
on 12/1/11 4:29 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 My place is called Porky Capone BBQ in Lebanon, Ohio.  Lebanon is the cutest little Norman Rockwell kind of town, full of unique stores and antique shops.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Imissthe80s
on 12/1/11 5:25 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
What an awesome name! Ha! You aren't all that far from me.  I see a day trip in my future.

k9ophile
on 12/1/11 5:46 am
And it is so worth it:)  I have family in NW Ohio and Porky's is now our meal stop on trips to see them.  Sloppy Wilbur, Carolina Gold sauce, nanner puddin', ...  mmmmm! 

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Imissthe80s
on 12/1/11 6:06 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12

honeybadger 11
on 12/1/11 1:59 pm - FL
I think our next "DS trip" should be to Ohio for Porkys:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/11 7:16 am
I'm heading to Ohio for Christmas... I'm definitely stopping in for your BBQ. Is your sauce home made?
k9ophile
on 12/1/11 7:26 am
Also not on the menu is a  hug from Val...  it's a good thing.  Val was a big inspiration in my baby DS days and continues to be one.  Eating at Porky's will be a great activity for your vacation.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet