Too much vs. too little protein

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/11 7:27 am
I guess I have to relate an embarassing holiday episode in the hopes that someone can relate.

I got to T-giving dinner quite hungry after a looooong day of travel, although I had tried to provide for myself. Had turkey et al., but heavy on the proteins, and light on all that surrounded. I pushed everything else to the edge and spreaded it out.

It was a light plate overall, but I had not eaten much all day, due to the travel stuff. I did have my vites.

Five minutes later, I upchucked it all. I don't know what my calorie or protein counts were at all for the day. I probably didn't have much, although I enjoyed my turkey day going down.

I guess I ate too eagerly to please both my hungry tummy and the mom-hostess, but how about embarassing!

I don't see people posting much about upchucking. Am I alone?
DianaRR
on 11/30/11 8:00 am - CA
I don't know the answer to your question, but I had a upchuck incident in a restaurant on Monday. I ate my lunch and then sat and read for a while -- then I went to the bathroom. When I used the toilet, suddenly I threw up a bit. I just don't get it--that never happened before.

Elizabeth N.
on 11/30/11 8:03 am - Burlington County, NJ
Nope, you aren't alone. Even at five years out, I still have an eject button. There is such a thing as eating too fast, or while too tense, for me. I also have to listen to my belly when it says NO to certain foods and not just try to push something past that "resistance." It's about like living with a temperamental child in my belly at times :-p.

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/11 8:13 am
sandyv63
on 11/30/11 8:19 am - Naples, FL
Boy am I lucky. At three weeks out I have never vomited. Even when I eat/drink too much or too fast, I don't puke. I hope it stays that way. I'm doing much better when it comes to eating and drinking slowly so I am sure that will help.
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
lookthrshegos
on 11/30/11 8:21 am - Huntland, TN
Too fast, too big of bites, not enough chewing equals having to lay down until pain passes for me.  I don't usually puke but sometimes think I wish I could! LOL  The denser the food the slower I need to eat and the more I need to chew!!!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/30/11 8:35 am
 I had one barfisode about six months after surgery, and the other cir****tances were similar.

I was hungry, looking forward to a special meal, had some good protein and felt like I was doing a good job focusing on it, but apparently ate too fast. Or maybe just one bite too many, and there really is a place where you are OK, and ONE BITE can really be that tipping point.
z85sparty
on 11/30/11 8:49 am - Mason, MI
 The only time I throw up is 1) when I am sick with the flu or 2) when I eat to quickly!  I have worked very hard to slow down my eating, but when (like you) I haven't eaten much before and I am starving I tend to wolf my food down!  Tehn about 3-5 minutes later... Here it comes!!  I've had this happen three or four times in the past two years.  

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18

dustydeer
on 11/30/11 8:56 am
Yup, I have the eject button as well. It certainly doesn't have to happen too many times.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

z85sparty
on 11/30/11 9:13 am - Mason, MI
 HAHA... speaking of!  Dinner tonight.... I must have had one bite too much and ate too quickly!  I have the "pre-puke juice" as I call it coming up!  I am doing everything I can to keep dinner down! Ugh, lol!!!!  Damn me when I eat to quickly!!!  (Being 3 weeks post TT, I am DREADING it if I end up throwing up because this won't be feeling good!!!)

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18