pain in my....chest???

honeybadger 11
on 11/29/11 12:54 pm - FL
I already called my surgeon and since he is in another state i have an appt with my PCP thurs. but i wanted to ask and see if anyone else has had this happen.

Starting Sun when i pull my shoulders back i sometimes get pain like muscle soreness in my breast plate and if i take a deep breath the pain goes down my ribs. It totally feels like when i work out really hard and have that deep muscle pain.

My swallowing has been fine and ive not had any episodes of vomiting. I take protonix every am and gas-x usually before bed. My bowels have been pretty much the same, gassy on occasion with several movements a day. Any ideas?

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/11 1:03 pm
How bad is the pain on a scale of 1 - 10?

When this happens do you have pain anywhere else, arm, neck, etc.?

When this happens do you have any trouble at all breathing?
honeybadger 11
on 11/29/11 9:10 pm - FL
I dont have any pain just sitting and breathing. On a deep breath i would rate it a 3. Its more achy than pain.  Last nite the pain was the worst when i tried to lay on my side. Felt like my ribs were being smashed together. The immediate pain i would rate a 7 but as soon as i returned to my back its gonna, unless i take a deep breath.

Im not having pain anywhere else except in my chest plate and deep breaths make it radiate down the  edge of my ribs. Trying to lay on my side made my whole chest hurt.

Im not having any trouble breathing pre se. The inital shock my make me gasp, which then hurts. Yawning hurts, sneezing is uncomfortable. No cough.

Sudden twisting might send a little pain (level 3)

I actually think it might be pluerisy but hoping its something else:(

Thanks for any insight:)

~Jennifer

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/11 10:14 pm
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, 3 hour time difference.

How is it today?

If it isn't any better, I think you should go ahead and call your surgeon even though you have an appt tomorrow with your PCP.

There are some things he might want to rule out and better safe than sorry.
honeybadger 11
on 11/30/11 5:31 am - FL
No problem hun, i appreciate your response at anytime:)

I took some advil today. About 30mins after my protonix and i have felt pretty good. Visited with a friend and did some grocery shopping with no pain . Its still uncomfortable when i take a deep breath but maybe a 1.5 pain level.

Thanks again and i will update everyone tomorrow.

~Jennifer

determineddanni
on 11/29/11 1:47 pm
I am not saying this is what it is but I know when I was passing gallstones felt like my chest was in super bad pain. Also people report pain in shoulders with gallbladder. Also I had some naseau after eating.

But if you had your gallbladder removed.... then i have no idea... good luck though and update  us.

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

honeybadger 11
on 11/29/11 9:12 pm - FL
yep, gallbladder and appendix are gone:) That was one thing i was happy my surgeon does because for things like this i would have a whole other set of test to rule out gallbladder, etc:)

Thanks! and i will let you know as soon as i know, hopefully thurs!

~Jennifer

sara3
on 11/29/11 3:00 pm
Hi,

I am no expert and I think it is best to check with your surgeon and doctor but it may just be something called shoulder tip pain, it is referred pain in the shoulder/ and general area and I believe it is related to the fact that they pump you full of air when doing the surgery laproscopically. I know when I had my band it was very bad at times, however it was more in the shoulder than the chest....

Maybe this will be of some use to you?

I hope it resolves itself soon.

honeybadger 11
on 11/29/11 9:14 pm - FL
Yep, i remember that pain well from lapband. Thankfully i didnt have any such pain like that with the DS. I wonder how many wks later that could show up? Im 3wks out today.

Thanks for the help! I will make sure to ask my PCP about that:)

~Jennifer

callmeEJ
on 11/29/11 11:18 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Post op I had an ache in my chest, about in the area you describe. It lasted for a few weeks and went away. Since I wasn't having problems breathing and I had no leak, my surgeon said it was probably muscular.
-EJ
"If television's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up." -cat and girl

5'6" HW 325 / SW 317 / CW 214 / First Goal 190    |    Century Club 09/19/2011