6 Year Anniversary!!

Terri B.
on 11/29/11 9:37 pm - St. Louis, MO

Hello All,

It's been ages since I've posted but I wanted to check in and say hello.  6 years ago I was in Mexico having my surgery and ready for anything.  As I'm sure most of you will agree, the fear of post surgical pain, problems, etc. couldn't measure against the excitement I felt about the possibility of getting my life back.

My surgery was a great success!  I had no complications and over the next 14 months lost 130 lbs.  I have maintained that within 10 lbs. for the last 6 years with no problems.  My health has been great with the exception of 1 kidney stone.  

As hard as it was to believe 6 years ago that I would someday feel "normal"  I can't imagine feeling any other way now.  I will never forget the indignities of living with obesity or the sadness and desperation of living that way. 

While life is never perfect, I have been blessed.  Jim and I travel as much as we can and are heading to Cozumel in January to look at buying a condo to retire to.

Life is good!!

Living well is the best revenge
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/11 10:58 pm - Omaha, NE

Congrats on a wonderful 6 years. 

Kathy

provolisa
on 11/29/11 11:55 pm - Provo, UT
 Oh, congratulations on how well everything is going for you! Feeling normal AND retiring in Cozumel!

Thank-you for taking the time to let us know how well things can go, 6 years out. I will have my switch in 2 weeks, and nervousness hasn't set in yet - I am just feeling "the excitement ...about the possibility of getting my life back!"

I hope things continue to be just as sunny for you!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

Terri B.
on 11/30/11 8:21 am - St. Louis, MO

Lisa,

You are going to do just fine! Just remember in those first hours, days and weeks everything you have learned here.  Remember that everyone's body reacts differently and go with what works for you.

Good luck!

Terri

Living well is the best revenge
LadyDi9080
on 11/30/11 2:54 am - Tallahassee, FL
Terri,
Life is good, isn't it? I too will never forget the indignities of living life as a morbidly obese person. I am very aware of how I look at other MO people and make sure to smile, say hi and not ignore them. I remember those years of wanting to be invisable!

I love Cozumel and wish you the best!
Dianne from FL
orangecrushed
on 11/30/11 4:28 am - Triad, NC
So glad to hear that the DS life continues to treat you well.  Hope that you enjoy Cozumel, and good luck on finding a condo!  I'm super jealous! :)

Nic
Victorious_one
on 11/30/11 4:36 am - South Central, PA

Terri, thanks for posting!  It's great to hear that you've been able to maintain your weight.

I'm trying to get my hubby to look into buying a retirement property, too.  Let us know how it goes for you.

Congrats!  

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
Blank Out
on 11/30/11 7:03 am
 Thank you for taking the time to encourage the rest of us!  Bless you!  I wish you a lifetime of good health and happiness!  

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Mandy B.
on 11/30/11 8:09 am - ID
This is exactly what I wanted to read today. I've been freaking out a bit...

Thanks for the update and encouraging news!

gak
on 11/30/11 9:05 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 Congrats Terri ! 

I am also so JEALOUS of Cozumel. What a wonderful place to retire to ! Good luck in finding a place and congrats on your long term great success   

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm