Problems with priloeec script?

DivaJojo
on 11/29/11 7:55 pm - Atlanta, GA
Greetings all. I am recovering well after my LIS, though I suspect a mikd infectiion has begun as I have had some slimy, bright yellow discharge for a couple days so ging in to my crs.

I got a script fir the prilosec cuz the otc agreed with e. Byt since taking it, I now have burning again upon elimiation. Should there be a difference in how well it works? Im taking the same dosage, but wondering if I am doomed to go bavk to paying quadruple for the otc version.

Thanks all and hope you had a wonderful holiday.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/11 8:56 pm
Prilosec is for heartburn. Not burning on elimination.

Hugs,
Ratkity
DivaJojo
on 11/29/11 10:30 pm - Atlanta, GA

Thanks.  Yeah, I realize that, but it was my understanding from vets on this board that it helps them with reducing acid in our bowel movements due to our waste being less digested - though I may have misunderstood, but I'm pretty sure that's it.

I tried it for a month using the OTC and it really helped, so I asked my doctor for a prescription (1/4 the price), but it's not doing as well.

If I'm mixed up, please straighten me out.  I'm concerned this will hinder the healing fissure and, now, incision.

Thanks, again.

newyorkbitch
on 11/30/11 3:26 am
Is it the same dosage?

Are you sure you're not having anal issues again/still?
DivaJojo
on 11/30/11 5:55 am - Atlanta, GA
Yes, it's the same dosage.  I don't think really that it's anal issues as the burning is the kind of burning I would get from eating spicy food.  It's a familiar burn that was more pronounced with the fissure, but little more than a nuisance before that.  I really liked not having it with the prilosec, though.

Valerie G.
on 11/30/11 10:10 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I never heard of Prilosec helping with elimination

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/11 11:49 pm
Prilosec is a proton pump inhibitor (calcium channel inhibitor). I doubt it has much to do with bowel movement acidity as this is regulated by bile acids which are produced by a whole other pathway. This pathway is initiated by the presense of cholesterol. While it may seem counter-intuitive, if the acidity of your bowel movements is a problem, reduce your fat intake and up the stool soteners.

I hope this helps.

Hugs,
Ratkity
DivaJojo
on 11/30/11 5:56 am - Atlanta, GA
I'm willing to try that.  Thanks.