Possibly going home tomorrow

orangecrushed
on 11/29/11 9:35 am - Triad, NC
Glad to hear that everything has gone so well thus far!  I hope the rest of your recovery goes as smoothly. :)
provolisa
on 11/29/11 11:17 am - Provo, UT
 Thanks for the blow-by-blow account. It sounds like you are doing wonderfully. I do also think you ought to have a leak test before you go. Did your doctor mention it?

I am really happy that things are going well for you. May they continue to go so well for the rest of your recovery.

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

honeybadger 11
on 11/29/11 12:14 pm - FL
I only spent 2 days in the hospital and it was totally enough! I was discharged to a hotel but it was so much more comfy to be in my own clothes, moving around without tubes and wires hanging from me!

My surgeon doesnt do leak test after, he does them during surgery filling the stomach full of gas and checking for bubbles:)

Also, i didnt have to pass gas before i left, they checked my 4 quads and i had bowel sounds in all. They just said if i hadnt had a BM in 3days from discharge to call the office. I freaked cuz it took 2 days after DC for it to come, then i wished it hadnt! haha!

Awesome job on the great recovery. Keep up with your pain meds (pain makes you miserable and may impede your healing), sip, sip, sip and walk!

You are gonna do great!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com