bf / gf success stories: post wls

Elia-B
on 11/29/11 6:59 am
This is a call to all you guys and gals who have had success in finding a special someone post wls.
I think I need to hear the trumpet of hope!

Please, share your story.

sara3
on 11/29/11 7:12 am
I feel compelled to offer you a huge amount of hope for love. I was lucky to find a beautiful man who adores me, pudge and all... He sees my soul and I his, I am not sure if everyone gets this but I am grateful for it every day.

You are not your body, you are lovable no matter what size you are. Sadly,  life and dating is easier in an image conscious society when we look more like what is considered the social norm on the outside. Then there are the health concerns associated with being overweight etc etc....

All that being said, I always believed I deserved to find someone as equally loving and good as I believe myself to be.

I sat down one day and did a law of attraction exercise.... ( The Secret style... a great book by the way). I wrote everything I wanted in a partner on a piece of paper, then burned it and offered it up to the universe in a gesture to "let go and let god" as it were.

The universe responded and sent me a wonderful man to whom I am now married.

I used to think I had to be a certain weight before I could let someone get close, but when you meet someone who is right for you then all the rules go out of the window.

Let love in... weight or no weight.... You deserve it
fullhousemom
on 11/29/11 7:22 am
 Beautiful story sarah3!  Love comes from the heart and not the body!  Well, except for....ah,.... Yeah!
Elia-B
on 11/29/11 8:02 am
 That is a beautiful story.  And, I love the exercise you did of putting what you wanted to find with a person out into the universe.  I have tried that type of thing on more than one occassion and I have had it work on more than one occassion about a couple of different things.  For one, it was for a man and we have had a beautiful relationship but he is not my to have and to hold person (our relationship just didn't take us there).  I really want to find my to have and to hold person.  

You are very blessed.  Thank you for sharing!!!

Julie R.
on 11/29/11 9:18 am - Ludington, MI
 Oh, me! Me!   I'll share....

I was involved in a terribly toxic relationship with a complete and total loser when I had my surgery.   I'd held on for years (nine to be exact) thinking he'd change his ways, quite drinking, and marry me.   At about 18 months post-op, I finally got up the nerve to leave him.    I really REALLY wanted to just be alone for a while.  I didn't want to date anyone for at least a year.   My husband-to-be (whom I first met at a band boosters meeting and then who subsequently "poked" me as I was casually browsing yahoo singles) had other ideas.    He doggedly pursued me, convinced that I was the best thing to happen since sliced bread.     Finally,  after several months of putting him off, I decided to cast my line into the wind,  and found out I'd almost passed up on a wonderful, loyal, considerate partner.   We will be married three years in February.   We marvel at our good fortune - to have met each other in this small town, at our age, and at our stages in life.    We are both 50.   He insists that he would have fallen in love with me even at my heaviest weight (he's seen pictures) but does admit that he loves having a wife that's almost small enough to fold up and put in his pocket.   He swears to God my farts don't bother him, and thinks my saggy boobs and shar pei ass are as hot as hell.    Here's a picture of me and my sweetie pie taken just a few months ago, at my son's wedding.   

Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

J P.
on 11/29/11 9:23 am
Julie,
I've loved following your story all these years - it was wonderful to watch you find such happiness!

~Jessica                                                   SW 271/ CW 131 / GW 145       

Come hang out with the Indianapolis
DS group -- calendar of events now online!
Elia-B
on 11/29/11 9:43 am
 Ohhhhh... that is a picture of a man in love!  

I'm so happy for you!  I'm 42... so, you give me hope that there will be a guy out there just as smitten with me - and me him!

Julie R.
on 12/1/11 3:09 am - Ludington, MI
They're out there - just remember that our ages, we all will have some emotional baggage that we carry around.     Our mantra is that we embrace each other's baggage.   I have to put up with his psycho family and mean daughters, and he has to put up with my sometimes almost PTSD-like fear of alcoholism, abandonment and conflict.   I still get terrible nightmares about my past life, and he is very comforting.    And of course, he has to deal with my farts, LOL.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Elia-B
on 12/1/11 9:16 am
 That is sooo true about the baggage.  We all have damage.  I guess we just gotta find that puzzle piece that fits our puzzle piece, dings, dints and all.  I love the song, "One Headlight" by the Wallflowers.  When I was younger, I didn't get it.  Later, for me at least, it meant that things might not be perfect but together we can still get to where we're trying to go.

Nicolle
on 12/1/11 1:23 am
Oh, I LOVE that picture! You two look so much in love. Sooo happy for you, sweetheart!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!