OT- Masterchef Audition

raven81
on 11/28/11 11:19 am - Bloomington, IL
So I submitted my application for Masterchef a month ago and got the confirmation the next day that they wanted to see me at the auditions in Chicago. I decided I had too much going on to audition and that I would just screw it up anyway and wasn't going to go. Tonight a producer of the show running the Chicago open call and auditions this weekend called me to see if I was coming. I said no. She spent 10 minutes convincing me to come! I finally agreed that I would come to the audition after I admitted I was really nervous. She said don't be nervous that I was exactly what they were looking for and they just wanted to taste my food and chat with me. She gave me her phone number and told me to call with any questions and said she can't wait to meet me. I am a little freaked out. This means they liked my application and photo submission, right? My mother, being the supportive person she is, told me its just a scam. I'm so sure Gordon Ramsay and a major TV network is scamming me. What do you think? I am kinda freaked out a bit.....
www.geekmomblog.com -My Mom blog were I talk about my journey through weight loss & weight loss surgery, my kids, cupcakes, Star Wars & pretty much everything!         
Its a Secret
on 11/28/11 11:26 am
I think if you don't go and try out, you'll always wonder what could have been.  We've all wasted so much of our lives watching everyone else live, it's time for us...Go for it girl!!!!

trxxyy
on 11/28/11 12:17 pm - Orange County, CA
Congratulations on getting an audition, I really admire you for applying. I love to cook and bake but I couldn't handle the pressure of a cooking competition show. 

You obviously have something they want and that is why the called you back. I think a show like MasterChef is looking for both an interesting personality and great cooking skills so you must have "it". What a compliment! Knock their socks off at your audition and good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/11 1:06 pm - MN
DS on 03/13/12
how lucky for you, go and do it. I love Master Chef and that is something I would love to try for some day. I will be rooting for you
gak
on 11/28/11 2:49 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
COOL ! You will have to tell us when you will be on if you know ! The others are right, you applied, they called.. Go rock 'em and see what happens.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

provolisa
on 11/28/11 3:29 pm - Provo, UT
 Absolutely!

Imagine how different your life would have been without the DS. I'm sure that made you nervous, too. Now, go and LIVE, sweetie! That's what it is all about!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

HeatherLynn
on 11/28/11 9:15 pm - TX
 Of course you are nervous! However, this is something you need to do! Otherwise, you will always wonder "what if". I'm rooting for you. Please let us know how it goes. 
PatXYZ
on 11/28/11 10:57 pm
I watched both of the seasons of Masterchef and love the show, it's definitely not a scam! I am waiting for a Canadian version so I can try out! Good luck!
Elia-B
on 11/28/11 11:11 pm
Not a scam if they don't ask you for money!

I'm so envious!  I love that show!!!  GO!!!! 

jodic1966
on 11/28/11 11:47 pm
 Oh you gotta go for it!!!! what an opportunity :D. kudos to you for putting in the application. like so many have said...you will always wonder 'what if?' if you don't try. 

HW 406 SW 376 CW 211 Surgeon's GW 170ish My GW 150ish