Noobie Here, Howdy Ho

stormechaser
on 1/25/12 7:18 am
DS on 06/08/17
I am so glad you asked this Leonia! Wow, this is stuff I wanted to know about too :)

As for the diarhea-if you had an irritable bowel previous, will that intensify or clear up? I am the type of person, that as soon as I eat, I have to poop. It doesn't matter if its a salad or a slice of pizza. Just the simple act of beginning to eat will trigger a bowel movement-usually with a need to immediately go or it won't be pretty. When I had timed lunch periods, I used to have to set aside a few minutes at the end so I could go potty.

I had my gallbladder out in 2003 and the doctor warned me that I would have bowel issues. He was not joking. I lived on immodium for about 3 weeks and had a few accidents. If it's something that can be regulated, When I had the sleeve in 2007, I had loose/watery bm's for about 2 weeks. When I started on mushy foods, that cleared up thankfully.

VSG TO DS Revision on June 8, 2017.

Surgeon: Dr. Philip Schauer at Cleveland Clinic
Current Weight: 280 lbs

Regained to: 312lbs
Lowest after VSG: 249lbs
Highest Weight ever: 330lbs

MsBatt
on 11/29/11 5:54 am
I'll be eight years post-DS in a little over two weeks. In that time, I have crapped my pants ONCE, and that was just shortly after surgery and I made the mistake of trusting a fart too much. (*grin*)

Oil slicks? Not for many years now, and even in the beginning they were confined to the toilet and closely related to what I'd been eating. (Fatty foods plus tomatoes, usually.)

I have never carried a change of clothes, nor needed to. I feel confident that I smell just like other people, since my mom can smell a gnat fart in a hurricane and has NO qualms about telling me if I should stink. (*grin*)

I DO know of a guy who got fired for offensive odors, but knowing his personality I suspect that was the REAL reason---the stench was merely an excuse. Also, this guy is famous around here for eating every possible stench-causing food AND farting in public.

I do kinda like to know where the restroom is when I'm in a strange place---'cause I pee A LOT. Completely unrelated to my DS, however.

I'd love to know where that bunch of misfits hangs out---sounds like they could use some good post-op info. Nearly ALL bowel ir odor problems related to the DS can be COMPLETELY CONTROLLED through diet or a routine of probiotics. In some few cases, a round of antibiotics, followed by probiotics, is needed---but NO ONE should have to suffer like that.