Very stupid question about the color of flour!

mrsannie
on 11/26/11 8:51 pm
 OK this is stupid and defys logic, but here we go...

It seems that I have more of an issue with flour when its in lighter colored foods.  Sounds really dumb but if I eat bread, choclate chip cookies, white cake, etc. I get much worse gas than if I ate a chocolate chip muffin or a brownie or a piece of gingerbread!  They still bother me, but its much less. Is it possible it could be the color or bleaching of the flour?  Isn't the flour the same for both?
or is it just a coincidence?  

Does anyone else have this experience?

Thanks.
Anne

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 9:08 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I woder if the darker foods tend to have more fat. Fat absorbs/processes slower in the body so helps to slow the absorption of the carbs as well (or maybe, with the DS, some of the carbs get sort of pushed out with the malabsorbed fat?).

The actual color of the flour is not different. When you bake at home and make a chocolate cake versus a white cake, you still use the same color flour, right?
mrsannie
on 11/26/11 9:51 pm
That makes sense.  I am confused!

Luckily for me, I LIVE for chocolate!!!

Thanks

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 9:46 pm
When cooking with unprocessed (unbleached) wheat flour, you use more fat to get the same bread consistency. In the older days, whole wheat bread was more fiber, but also more fat.

Hugs,
Ratkity
mrsannie
on 11/26/11 9:52 pm
 Makes sense but I can not eat ANY bread no matter the color.

Weird right?

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/11 1:49 am
My hubby thinks I am crazy, but I was thinking the same thing. I can eat a small piece of chocolate birthday cake, no issues, but white cake gives me horrible gas... A hunk of brownie no problem, but a chocolate chip cookie, evil horrible gas... White bread Yikes! WW bread no prob... My hubby says its mental justification...lol.. I wonder?
mrsannie
on 11/28/11 8:07 pm
I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I can't figure it out either, luckily I am a chocolate person!  :)

I assume the flour is the same.  Maybe some use unbleached?  I have no idea.

Another mystery never to be solved, but at least we can eat the brownies!!!
Thanks for the post.