Nutella...how do you use it, or do you?

newyorkbitch
on 11/27/11 9:53 pm
Are your kids at all overweight?  Just curious.
lk1970
on 11/27/11 10:42 pm
No... my kids are athletes and have completly different dietary needs.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

newyorkbitch
on 11/27/11 11:15 pm
 Gotcha. I have a 10 month old and I am constantly thinking about these issues.
lk1970
on 11/28/11 12:02 am
Its a concern of mine as well... but they understand they eat differently when they are training.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

KarenFlorida
on 11/28/11 6:19 am - Orlando, FL
My daughter just turned 2, and I too have obsessed a bit (not in a way that she realizes it, of course) about her potential for obesity, due to my predisposition. Her father is athletic/normal weight.

She has a superb appetite (like me, she will eat anything lol) but I am very careful about proper nutrition, enought fat but not too much, watching simple carbs, fruit but no juice, proper amounts of protein, veggies, dairy, etc.

She is not obese but tends to be on the higher end of the growth curve for weight, while height is average. I watch it closely, but at the same time, I have to realize that I won't be able to control her intake forever. I'm trying to help her develop good habits, even with my limited expertise in this area!

Thanks for bringing this up. It's an interesting topic for us moms of babies/toddlers.

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

mel1964
on 11/28/11 1:46 am

yep, step away from the nutella!!!  i tried it recently but i decied not to buy it any more when i realized how much sugar it has in it, early out i could not eat things like that any way! my sister loves it too but i also see she is starting to put on weight (hmmm) and she has not had any surgery.the jar is too tempting!

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/11 1:59 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
My post surgery sweet tooth drove me to peanut butter again (which from being PO and having to eat it all the time, I swore I would never!  Liar).

Anyway, after I got to maintenance, this is my daily sweet thing.

32 g Naturally More PNB (lower sugars and higher protein than typical PNB)
5 g of Hershey Special Dark Cocoa Powder
1 packet sweetner (if I have crazy sweet tooth)

smash that together in a glass bowl and then roll up in a havarti slice. (A local store has presliced slices that are thin enough to make a good "roll up")

HEAVEN!

Unsweetened almond butter is also good, with a little less protein ( Naturally more has egg whites in it that adds a few more protein grams)

Nutritional information

310 cals
23.5 fat
9 carbs
3 fiber
3 sugar
15 protein

So, not terrible stats for a sweet thing and definitely more self limiting than the damned Reeces cups!
Valerie G.
on 11/28/11 3:58 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I love it spread over toast.  I remember someone mentioning substituting it for peanut butter in flourless pnutbutter cookies, which I'm very tempted to try myself.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

KarenFlorida
on 11/28/11 6:20 am - Orlando, FL
Sorry, I have no Nutella suggestions, other than: Stay Away From It!

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Julie R.
on 11/28/11 8:58 am - Ludington, MI
 At this point out, would you eat a Snickers bar?  No?   Probably not.  BUT - a Snickers bar has 28 grams of sugar.   Two tablespoons of Nutella has 21 grams of sugar.    Not a whole lotta difference.  Save that kind of playing around with your weight loss window for after you've reached goal.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125