Gall Bladder needs removed...can I get plastics at the same time?

MargaretMary
on 11/27/11 8:15 am
 It appears that my Gall Bladder needs to be removed after a talk with my GP.  I was told that it is usually removed through the belly button these days.  Do you think that  it may work that when I have it removed, I could have a tummy tuck at the same time?  I can only hope.....   insurance wont pay for cosmetic surgery! It would be a blessing in disguise if I could have a tummy tuck which I can't afford.  What Dr. would do the surgery?  

Julie R.
on 11/27/11 9:57 am - Ludington, MI
 Unless you have some new miracle insurance that the rest of us don't have, it's highly unlikely.   If you have a hernia, that's often a different story.   I know my insurance will cover a panni removal, and that's about it...and I have hardly any panni to remove.    I wish they'd just let me apply it to my arms....or my butt....
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

nightowl
on 11/27/11 6:05 pm - Topeka, KS
I don't know for sure, but it sounds quite possible, if you could pay some thousands for the plastic surgeon fee only, then not have to pay for the anesthesiologist nor hospital stay, since the medical insurance would cover those things for the gallbladder removal.  I think a general surgeon would do the GB removal, and then the plastic surgeon the tummy tuck, there in the same operating room, one right after the other.