What does protein malnutrition feel like?

girlygirl1313
on 11/29/11 9:56 pm - Davidson, NC
 Exactly, I completely agree.  I have had minimal gas during the past few weeks but it was still suggested by someone that (even though I haven't taken any antibiotics since my surgery 16 months ago) that upping my probiotics and fiber would be a better defense than seeking medical treatment.

It is far wiser to tell a person to SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT immediately if preventative and conservative measures have ALREADY truly failed, as one might fall into the slippery slope of malnutrition. Can't the Dr. take her own conservative measures before administering an antibiotic by some test, culture or viewing it under a microscope? 

This rant of mine is not directed to you Kirmy, I hope you know that.  It's the entire antibiotic conversation. But after what I've been going through and now reading your story, I see no need for anyone to rest on their laurels and pretend this isn't happening or that yogurt, probiotics and penance will fix it, after the fact.  There are antibiotics out there to help, real modern medicine, and there's no reason for me to go 18 days with the ****s before seeking it.

Sorry, I'm extra ******g pissy because I have fire shooting from my asshole.
~GG

feeder3565
on 11/30/11 12:49 pm
I will be on and off antibiotics for overgrowth for the rest of my life. It I die early because of having to take it to keep my protein up, vit.and minerals up, liquid down, so be it. I have my labs drawn every 3 months. This overgrowth is sneaky business. Read my post about overgrowth. Mayo set my heart and mind straight on this stuff. It is life and death decisions. Make your peace on how your going to manage your overgrowth, labs, etc. For some we have no choice unless we look at another surgery and that is also not  guaranteed to correct it. I eat very low sugar, watch everything that passes my lips still the overgrowth comes. Mayo sees this in some with WLS. Short gut overgrowth will come regardless what you eat in some people and you better know what to do when it does, we can go down hill quick. Karen