Pills in Containers Comment

Sheanie
on 11/26/11 12:11 am

I work in the legal system and this topic came up at work.  If any one of us at work got pulled over and searched, the way we store our pills would be questioned.  Everyone is my office keeps Rx pills in little baggies for the day.  Unlabelled.  Which in Michigan can get you arrested.  I showed my co-workers my 4-chambered daily pill container, of which I usually have 3 or 4 days worth in my purse (because I'm lazy).  I'm sure I could explain my way out of getting arrested, but has anyone here heard of someone having a problem with pills not being in their original container?

I.  am.  not.  a.  doctor.

HW 250ish  SW 219  CW 110  LW 100

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 12:19 am, edited 11/26/11 12:19 am
I have worked in corrections in both the state prison and the county jail.  When we search people, pills are to be kept in original containers.  Obviously, for the amounts of vitamins we take, this is impossible.  It would depend on the officer.  A good rule of thumb is to keep your non-narcotics or controlled substances in your pill containers and keep the others with you in their original Rx bottles.  There is not an officer that is going to charge you for not having anything, other than those, in the original containers.  After all, what would he charge you with....carrying Vitamin A in an unmarked bottle?!
Sheanie
on 11/26/11 12:21 am
Bingo, Mindy.  We got all kinds of different answers when we asked road patrol.

duncans
on 11/26/11 1:51 am
I work in an ICU and always have my pill organizer with me, preferably on me at all times. It is all too easy to become distracted and forget to take care of myself. However, with the strict control of medications around the unit, I always feel like I'm doing something illicit and need to "hide" the pills!
Sheanie
on 11/26/11 1:58 am
Yup.  In a way, I think I'd like to get challenged so I could make a federal case of it.   I don't take any narcotics, but I do have 3 Rx's mixed in with the vites.  And some of the vites look like generic narcotics.

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 3:34 am
I've used drugs.com numerous times at work to identify pills we found on people.  I guess if the state chooses to dump the powder out of my D3 and spend their money to send it to the state lab for testing, I'd be ok with that hahaha!!  Dummies. 

I'd just carry a DS card with me and a list of the vitamins if I was doing to travel.  Speaking of which, I never did get an answer on here from anyone where to get such card.
Valerie G.
on 11/26/11 3:20 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I think you might be questioned, however I doubt you'd get arrested.  I used to travel for work, and constantly traveled with a baggie full of vitamins for the duration of my stay.  They just lay all mixed up in the bag.  I was never questioned at all about a large bag full of pills in my purse as it went through security. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Emily F.
on 11/26/11 7:46 am
I don't like having mine at my desk being a teacher. But they did ask me what my sf syrup was. They thought it was liquor. Give me a break!!!
Gracie P.
on 11/26/11 11:49 pm - Mansfield, OH
LOL  I get funny looks by my high school students when I make my protein coffee  and add the SF syrups.  I always hold the bottle up and have them check it out!  Explaining EXACTLY what it is!

Gracie                                          
- 165 lbs. total!                     Updated 4/7/13