It is hard work getting in this protein.

kirmy
on 11/26/11 3:29 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Ok  today I pulled my right hamstring at the gym.  I fell off the leg press machine before the 70kg squashed my like a beetle under a boot and walked like a pirate to my car. I was at that point sulking and snorting like a 4 year old on the time out step.

I went to evil MacDonald's and got a big mac and fries and sat eating them in a desultory fashion.  My nose was running after eating three quarters of the vile mess and the rest went in the bin. It wasn't the best protein choice. 

As someone who will be two years out in January I thought I had a handle on my protein intake.  Today I did my Fit Day out of curiosity and realised that I'd only managed to get in 90 grams of protein today because of my ****e lunch choice.  I assumed I'd maxed out at about 150 grams but I hadn't got close.  On a bright side I did get in 115gs of fat in.....which explains my Vesuvius arse.  So I just did a massive upper body work out after buggering up my leg and without realising it set about eating my own muscles due to my poor intake of protein.

Ok I get it 90grams isn't that low....but it is when you're needing protein to build muscle from heavy resistance training.  Newbies heading back into exercise please remember this.  You should be targeting 150-200grams of protein a day if your weight training.  Don't freak out your GP though....they'll think you'll be a toxic mess from that much but trust me we don't get to keep all of that lovely protein.

Just a reminder dearlets.....track your protein. No one is ever too big or too clever.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
MajorMom
on 11/26/11 3:38 am - VA
**Like**  Excellent public service announcement.   Listen up, peeps!

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

kirmy
on 11/26/11 3:41 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
MWAH!

RKLC2002
on 11/26/11 5:13 am - Omaha, NE
Thanks Kirmy.  I am glad you posted this.  I'm not working out yet, but I didn't think about needing to increase protein once I do.  Thanks for the heads up!!  

5' 10"    HW= 327   SW=319 lbs        CW=200  (lowest was 180)    GW=170

No regrets with my DS!!!  

Open DS with Dr. Anthone  - October 14, 2011
Ventral Hernia repair/panniculectomy/hysterectomy - Nov 2012; 
Bowel Blockage due to hysterectomy and adhesions - Feb 2013;
Ventral Hernia repair with mesh - Dec 2013

Julie R.
on 11/26/11 8:28 am - Ludington, MI
 I had an "ah-hah" moment recently when I realized at 5.5 years out, that I wasn't getting in enough protein.   I'd slowly let my carb consumption supercede my protein consumption.    I sat down one day for the first time in a couple of years and did an honest calculation of my total grams, and I'd only been averaging about 75 grams a day.  I've been making a conscious effort since to take in more protein, but I'm having a tough time stomaching the whey powder again.    Blech!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

kirmy
on 11/26/11 6:41 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
My point exactly!

Larissa P.
on 11/26/11 10:03 am - Denton, TX
I wish we could pop protein pills like all the rest of the vitamins.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
kirmy
on 11/26/11 6:42 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I concur.

butercup
on 11/26/11 10:13 am - Kennewick, WA
This surgery is a job I tells ya. Anyone that says I'm not working for my future skinny ass is gonna get a foot up theirs.
seekingsusan
on 11/26/11 12:04 pm - Livermore, CA
DS on 05/24/12
@#!&%$&*) Like