How will this bleeding ever stop?

kramer5
on 11/25/11 5:22 am - Washington, KS
I've had hemmroid problems in the past and I've had to have them cut open and drained before but I've never had them open up on their own, until now.  I'm pretty sure that's what I'm dealing with because it has the same pain as if they opened it up.  It started last Sunday night and I've put off going to the doctor because they were closed most of this week and I really thought it would clear up.  Now I'm wondering how in the world it will ever stop bleeding if I don't stop having bowel movements.  I have anywhere from 3-6 a day and I bleed every time.  Sometimes I even bleed just sitting on the toilet to pee.  I'm not actively bleeding between movements but I am passing blood clots so I know it's trying to stop but I just go too much to let it stop (TMI, I know but I figure if I can't share it with my DS friends I can't share it with anyone).

I'm calling my doctors office first thing Monday morning to get in even though hubby wants me to go to the hospital (I don't think it's severe enough for that).  Has anyone else experienced this before?

Thanks,
Dawn

Blank Out
on 11/25/11 11:08 am
 Um, you need to go the ER now! Please update when you can.  This is very serious!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Udamnskippy
on 11/25/11 12:21 pm - Port Orchard, WA

Please head into a ER or you might find yourself sporting an attractive colostmy bag for LIFE.... Controlled and medically supervised treatment is needed. A DS'r malabsorbed fecal matter is highly acidic and will irritate the normal anal aperture to no end.So overall ,hemis for a DS'r is not a laughing matter.  
Its a Secret
on 11/26/11 2:11 am
Why is it acidic?  I'm just curious...what process makes it more acidic than regular...I've experienced the smell and am kind of curious about that difference in process as well...

kramer5
on 11/25/11 12:29 pm - Washington, KS
I did go to the ER and my doctor confirmed that one of my hemmroids had opened.  It is trying to close up (which is why I'm passing clots) but because I go so often it's not happening as soon as it normally would.  They gave me prescription strength Imodium and checked my hemoglobin and blood counts.  Everything appears to be normal, right now they just want to get me going a little less.  I'm supposed to follow up with him on Monday and if things are stilling bleeding he said he could cauterize the area.

Thanks for the info everyone,

Dawn

LosingSally
on 11/25/11 1:14 pm
Good job! I'm relieved that it's a simple matter, and you are going to be fine, as you figured.
Best wishes!
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/11 1:20 pm
I'm glad you went in and got checked out.  Being a pre-DSer I learned a lot from your post.  Thank you for sharing.  It will keep me mindful if (God forbid) I ever have the same issues.  Good luck!