Pain with drainage tube removal.

dash4life
on 11/25/11 12:28 am - WA
I had the DS laprascopically and had my drainage tube removed 8 days after surgery.  I have been in worse pain since the removal.  It was so painful.  Now that area just feels raw and I can hardly walk or stand without terrible pain.

Any thoughts?

Elizabeth N.
on 11/25/11 1:04 am - Burlington County, NJ
Uh oh. I herewith rescind my advice to wait till Monday. CALL THE SURGEON'S OFFICE RIGHT NOW THIS VERY MINUTE. DO NOT WAIT.

No poop for that long plus terrible pain = possible emergency. Do not assume these two things are unrelated.

If you do not get satisfaction from the surgeon's office (and I'm finicky; I'd want a phone consult with my surgeon right NOW), go to the ER of the hospital where he practices.

DO. NOT. DELAY. Hopefully it's all very simple stuff, but this has potential to be BAD stuff.

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/11 1:18 am
dash4life
on 11/27/11 6:36 am - WA
I went to ER because I was having the pain and had to do a catscan so they could rule out hernia, leaking, etc.  They found an inflamed pancreas but what they think the pain in my one area was from was from the drainage tube.  They think that when it was pulled out that it tore a nerve on my abdominal wall and that I will now just have to wait for that to heal.

Elizabeth N.
on 11/27/11 7:19 am - Burlington County, NJ
OWIE :-O. Pancreas inflammation is miserable in its own right. That and a grouchy nerve in the same region? Yikes. I hope they're rather more generous with pain management now at least!