Is it normal?

Its a Secret
on 11/24/11 1:14 am
Ok. I'm one week out and from the sounds of it having a honeymoon of a recovery.  My only issue is that when I stand I feel pain on my left side about midway between the breastbone and navel (this is on the left side).  If I hold and push the area, I'm fine...if I don't it continues to ache.

Normal recovery pain or something that could be a problem?  The pain is not excrutiating, just an annoyance.

Thanks,

me

honeybadger 11
on 11/24/11 4:33 am - FL
Humm...idk...doesnt sound good but since no one else has chimed in yet i will say i do get some pressure/pain around the area you are talking (l**** under my left rib) about if ive eaten something a little denser than usual or sipped too much but mine is more of a quick passing of the food/liquid thru my stomach kind of feeling and doesnt stay for longer than a second or two.

And its doesnt happen when i stand...maybe just the pulling of muscle/tissue as you are healing? 

Of course the advice is always to call the dr but im a wait n see kinda person so i would say if it doesnt seem to be getting better soon id call and make sure theres nothing you need to be worried about.

Glad recovery is going well otherwise:) keep us posted!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

MajorMom
on 11/24/11 4:49 am - VA
It may just be some healing twinges. If it gets worse or you start running a fever, give the doc a call.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

adkmtngirl
on 11/24/11 5:14 am - Brant Lake, NY
 I had some very similar pains after my surgery (and after my hernia repair as well). As long as it's not horrible pain and there is no temp to go with it, don't worry. If the pain gets worse or you get a fever call your surgeon immediately.
Kristina

Elizabeth N.
on 11/24/11 6:04 am - Burlington County, NJ
It could be many things, but my first guess is that you are feeling it especially much there because that's where a lot of the intestinal work got done. You might even be describing the point where the limbs are joined (anastomosis).

But remember: When in doubt CALL THE DOC!

texasstar
on 11/24/11 11:28 am
 I had my surgery on the same day and have experienced that same pain.  Assumed it was all the work they did and that it is the area where they pulled out the drain.  I haven't had a fever so I haven't called the doctor.  I have wondered about the pains but then tell myself that I just went through major surgery and some pain has to be expected one week out.  The pain does come and go, seems like if I don't get enough rest and walk/bend a lot throughout the day the pain comes back.  I try to take it easy and not bend over as much.  I did have a pain much lower on the left side all day yesterday but I do think it is my ovary in anticipation of my monthly cycle soon.  Fortunately that pain is gone today.

I hope the pain reduces for you.
Valerie G.
on 11/25/11 9:50 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Have you been swiveling in a desk chair??

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes