One Year Surgiversary

hoping4arealchange
on 11/22/11 2:07 pm - Portland, OR
It's late, I'm usually in bed by 8 pm, but it took forever to try and load some photos from my camera to the computer.  So I'm one year out today.  It has been pretty uneventful.  I didn't have any complications in the hospital or during the last year.  I have lost 68 pounds.  I feel really good.  I can go up and down the stairs in my house without being winded.  I have no physical pain.  I am wearing cute clothes again and buying sexy shoes. 

I did expect to be down 90 pounds by this date.  I had a gastric bypass 11 years ago (today) and at the one-year mark I had lost 90+ pounds.  My mom keeps telling me I was 11 years younger the first time around.  Actually, I was an exercise fiend.  So I am trying to up my exercise and drop my carbs.  I did yoga the last two days and today at work I did the elliptical for 20 minutes.  I had cottage cheese for lunch and a pork chop for dinner.  I had three protein shakes today.

I'm NOT finished.  Even though my weight loss has been a bit disapointing, I have six months left in my weightloss window and I intend to make the most of it!  In addition to my weight loss goal, I would like to learn how to swing dance and find a man.  I haven't been on a date in nine years!

I want to insert a photo, but am not sure how.  Why do images have to be from the internet?  If someone can help me, I'll repost with photo.

MajorMom
on 11/22/11 6:06 pm - VA
Happy surgiversary!  Keep on doing what you started this week. Sounds like a good plan.

You can upload your pictures to your albums in your profile here on OH or on Facebook and bring them into a post.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Nicolle
on 11/23/11 12:07 am, edited 11/23/11 12:08 am
Photos? Try this: Go to your profile. Get to the photos section. Select "add photos" and you will be brought to your hard drive. Select the photos you want to upload. You can add captions and such. Once they are on your profuile here, you can copy them and drop them into your posts on the board.

Congrats on one year!

As to wanting to lose the weight you wanted to lose, definitely check your carbs, including those in your protein shakes. Increasing exercise is a good thing, of course, but you will not be able to exercise at such a high level for the rest of your life, so becoming an exercise fiend again may be a disappointing idea in the long run. Don't set yourself up for failure.

Good luck!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

DianaRR
on 11/23/11 12:46 am - CA
Congrats on the weight loss. I look forward to the pictures.

adkmtngirl
on 11/23/11 5:22 am - Brant Lake, NY
 Congrats on your surgiversary! 
Kristina