Gall Bladder and red marks on hands and arms. Otherwise...GREAT!

MargaretMary
on 11/22/11 1:53 pm
 I have Gall Stones!   What can i expect.  I am 3 years out. Dr. gave me pills to take twice a day.  The ones I took right after surgery 3 years ago.( After the surgery, I took them for about a year.  I am too lazy to get up and read the bottle!  I teach school ...  I am exhausted!  Forgive me.)  You probably know what they are ...starts with a "U" I think! Urso "something!"    Also, I get red marks on my hands and arms.  I am almost 60... are the red marks from old age?   The marks are red, about the size of a dime and look like blood under the skin.  They don't hurt.  They just look bad!    I get them every few months.  I'm saggy, but  I feel great!   

MajorMom
on 11/22/11 6:12 pm - VA
Yep, Urso for gall bladder but I thought once you had them they had to come out.  The red dots don't sound right.

Did you get a copy of your labs? Care to share them with us? I'm wondering if you iron markers are low.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

* Gail R *
on 11/23/11 3:15 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I get some of these purplish marks, much smaller though and in places that get friction. (like shopping bag handles, etc.). Almost like blood blister/bruises. My doctor wasn't sure but thought it was some dietary deficiency.  I would like to know what other have to say. Doc thought it was Vit C but I take plenty of that. In the past, I think, some on the board thought it was a K deficiency.
Thank goodness, my doc removed my gall bladder with the DS. It was full of stones already.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 12:26 pm
 The red marks mean you need vitamin K1. I have to take it. I have to take a pretty large dose of it for the K1 to come up in my lab tests and for the bruising to get better. The dry K 1 can be taken in large doses.

* Gail R *
on 11/23/11 1:30 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks, Inge, I was wondering what to do for it too.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

MargaretMary
on 11/27/11 7:58 am
 Thank you for your help!   I will get the Vit. K....   you are the best!

browls0
on 12/2/11 11:07 am
I had gallstones and tried an herbal formula called Chanca Piedra. After finishing it, I am taking a liver gallbladder support formula with herbs to help my liver and digestion. Now I don't get the attacks anymore. Hope this helps. I didn't want to have my gallbladder removed so tried this and so far seems to be working.
- Autumn

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/2/11 11:51 am
Have the red marks looked at. They sound like blood not clotting properly, which with us, it's most likely low vitamin K, but people on blood thinners and some cancer and I'm sure other things can cause them. I've seen all three of these three things cause reds spots on hands, but I'm not a doctor, so have a doc lay eyes on them and do some tests.