6 days and in the freak

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 11:55 pm
Thanks, Gina 
bigsteve2010
on 11/23/11 11:45 pm - Williamsburg, MO
Try and stay calm and positive....We all go thru the pre-op jitters...Hell I chickened out and drove 350 miles back home (and kicked myself every mile)...and thought to myself "what the hell am I doing?" So when I got home I swallowed my pride and called my doc....he reassured me and said that isnt the first time someone chickened out the night before...so re rescheduled it for 5 days later and I did it...You can to, and when you get healed it is the roller coaster ride of a lifetime...I have no regrets whatsoever..this is the greatest thing I have ever done for myself. Its such a trip going to walmart and actually finding clothes that I can get into....its been decades since I could do that! I wish you the best of luck...and a speedy recovery!

SW 512/ GW 250/ CW 235/ HW 540
I think Im at goal...well I could go for 225 :P

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 11:51 pm
Thank you so much for sharing your story.  I know that everyone goes thru this, but it's hard not to fell like I'm the only one right now.  Your story was a reality check  ;-)
annaleigh1979
on 11/24/11 1:28 am
My mind spun nonstop in the days leading up to my surgery. The day of, however, an amazing sense of calm came over me. I realized I was in good hands as well.

You sound quite prepared. Best of luck with your recovery.

Sher Bear Mama
on 11/24/11 1:58 am
I'm only 9 days away from mine!  I am scheduled for December 5th (Monday).  I feel very anxious as well and it's funny because it never really hit me until last week.  i know that my kids will be fine with my husband and his parents but I know it won't be the same as if I were there to care for them.  I'm actually less worried about the week in the hospital than I am about the weeks of recovery!!!  That recovery time means less time with my girls (one who is 20 months and one who is 6).  So I think we have some valid concerns.

But i just keep telling myself, we'll get through it--others did!!!  So, when December 1st comes and I write this exact same posting about being scared and doubting,  PLEASE remind ME of what I said.

Hugs,
Sheri
Sher--the bear mama

Emily F.
on 11/24/11 2:46 am
good luck. Breathe!!