6 days and in the freak

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 12:51 am
6 days away from getting my DS and I'm in freak out mode.  Could use some encouraging words!!  I also want to say thank you to all the vets and noobs on here that have posted all kinds of things for me and everyone else to read.  It has helped me a lot.  Special thanks to my angel, Gina. 

Now to feel the pity for my husband, who will be here with all the kids alone for a week while I'm gone.  He has no idea the things that they like/dislike, eat/don't eat, schedules lol..nothing.  He is away a week at a time for work, so he is out of the loop.  I feel the urge to write a 10 page essay of instructions for him.  I know he will be great tho and will get thru it just fine!  It's his birthday today, too.  Happy birthday to him while he's at work!

Now, to be able to focus on me and what I need to do.  I think I have everything handled and researched best I can.  I have all my medical records and all DS info in a binder in page protectors.  I have a hematologist lined up to come see me in the hospital and order me the iron infusions I need before I go home.  I have been taking all of my post-op vitamins for 3 weeks now to build my levels up.  I'm ready!!!

Those damn "what IFs" tho...grrr.  I plan to check into the hotel alone the day before and do my bowel cleanse and write letters to my family.  Hopefully letters I'll never need...but WHAT IF.  LOL...I have all the faith in the world in Dr. B.  I know I'll be fine.  I guess this must be the normal freak out mode everyone talks about, eh?

It was brought to my attention today that it is rare to get a private room at the hospital.  I didn't even THINK of this!  I will be sure to request one, maybe I'll get lucky!

honeybadger 11
on 11/23/11 2:11 am - FL
Private rooms depend on the hospital and surgeon. My surgeon prefers private rooms and I requested one so i had one. I  highly suggest you ask and pay whatever is necessary to get one! There was NO WAY I'd have wanted jane schmo hanging out next to me:)

You will do great. I actually freaked out for awhile about dying but one day while i was trying to guilt trip my friend in coming out for my last hurrah she said "Jen, i dont worry about you dying, you are too strong of a person. You would code then wake up pissed and ask what all the beeping was about!" from that moment i was good, no long afraid because my friend was right. I had too much to come back to not to fight as hard as i could and i had an incredible surgeon:)

So find your peace in it all and focus on your kids, hubs, family. You are doing this for you and them and you will be so much more happier and healthier when it all done:)

Praying for a quick and uneventful recovery!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 11:56 pm
I can't WAIT for the feeling better and being happier and healthier!  Thanks for the well wishes!
Mdae
on 11/23/11 2:25 am
i was just positive that some glitch would come along at the last minute that would prevent me from having surgery.  i was so convinced, that i put things off until the last minute, with a 'why bother' attitude.  even in the prep room, i was waiting for them to come in and say "well, we can't do it..."  or i expected to wake up and have him tell me it didn't happen.

i think you're probably plenty prepared, from the sounds of it.  so, take a deep breath and relax.  you'll be a size 6 before you know it and running circles around your kids.

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 11:57 pm
Thanks ;-)
Panda ..
on 11/23/11 2:56 am
(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 5:28 am
I just got off the phone with the pre-admission nurse who happened to call to ask all the questions.  I asked her about the private room thing and she said she would call up and request it for me and put me on the list to make sure I get one.  It isn't a sure thing, but it is good!  I really don't feel like baring it all to some stranger while I'm groggy haha!

Thanks for the encouraging responses!  I need to keep my mind off of surgery now.  After I pack my bag, that is.
duncans
on 11/23/11 9:47 pm
Best of luck to you!  Sounds like you are ready.

I remember feeling just out-of-sorts for a good 4 months post-op. Not really buyer's remorse, just didn't feel "right" with nausea and acid reflux (improved with a PPI). Remember that it will be a while before you settle out, too.

Sounds like your husband has a wonderful learning opportunity ahead of him. Let him have his time, don't bother to spell it all out for him. Maybe he'll find some new creative home-life ways of doing things.

Happy Thanksgiving!

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 11:52 pm
Happy Thanksgiving!!  I hope I have no remorse, but who knows!
MajorMom
on 11/23/11 10:37 pm - VA
Rock steady, baby!!!  You can do this. Stay busy, work through your list, and have faith in your hubby and your surgeon.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny