Dream over.

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/11 9:20 pm
Can you say Diana Cox? 
Docj
on 11/24/11 10:32 am
Revision on 09/01/88
Wow. I see you are in a real tough spot.

Please don't give up. You have been given some good feedback here.

The deal is going to be getting that depression controlled first. I t does color everything else.

A&P can be a b****. I recall taking that when I was 19 at U of H. Yech. I was pre-med. at that time.

If you want to become an R.D., then don't give up on that dream.

Some people have WLS and after the weight is gone, the results still don't match their fantasies of what life was going to be like. Then, they tend to internalize perceived failures as their fault. After all, it must be because the fat is gone. Do you think this fits for you? Depression makes this worse.

This too shall pass if you "work" it...

I'll share something with you.

Many years ago, I underwent WLS. It was a disaster for me despite following all the rules.

Six surgeries later, I almost died. I had a "reversal" in 89'.

I couldn't work for five long years. At that time, I had 2 master's degrees. I decided to return to school to earn a PhD in psych.
This was a career change. It was one the hardest things I ever did, I was still somewhat ill. I finally snagged that degree in 94' after completing research on WLS.

I'm now partially disabled from side effects of that WLS procedure (no, I can't collect disability) and still work part time in my field (forensic psych. mostly with disabled, injured workers). I also encounter WLS pts in this arena.

So, I guess the moral of this story is I've BTDT and came out of it on the other end. So will you. It takes fighting for what you need. For you, it may mean good psych. treatment and a visit with that school's disabled student rep to intervene on your behalf. 

Good luck.

kat81
on 11/24/11 8:54 pm, edited 11/24/11 8:56 pm
If you score well on these next two tests, could you pass?
Have you looked into entry-level positions?  Jesus was a humble carpenter who took joy in washing others' feet.
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as if you are working for God and not for man." -Colossians 3:23
(deactivated member)
on 11/24/11 9:18 pm, edited 11/24/11 10:31 pm
No. My professor has already e-mailed me he understands if I stop coming to class, as it would not benefit me grade-wise. I'm going to ask him if he can bend a rule and at least give me a W. I may have to try to get a letter from a shrink, which will definitely shut me out of re-collegiate life forever. I'm already going to the only place I could possibly get n , simply because I'm disabled. This is just how it is. There are laws on the books, but they find legal ways around them, so "abnormal" people really don't have any options.

Entry-level? are you kidding? When I was at the experience level where I had to take those jobs I was treated like **** When I became a supervisor, I saw other supervisors treat people like **** and my bosses treated me like **** I've been **** upon enough, thank you very much!

I'm out...permanently.

newyorkbitch
on 11/25/11 9:51 am
Gag me.
Kayla B.
on 11/25/11 2:17 am - Austin, TX
If you complete enough nutrition classes you may be able to get a nutrition related job at WIC. If you work there for 2 years then you have the opportunity to do their dietetic internship and they pay you full salary while you do it. Might make you feel better about taking out a loan to take out yourA&P class somewhere else.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
feeder3565
on 11/25/11 4:53 am
Jazz,  Please get the help you know deep down inside you need. This has nothing to do with school, loans, dreams, and anything else you want to blame but everything to do with right meds. right dosage, right therapist. 

Those who you have blocked or who have blocked you I am sure are very concerned with your state of mind right now and no one would wish ill health on any of us. We fought to long and continue to fight for our health. People block for so many reasons and no one really knows for sure why that person wants to block it only matters the the person who is doing the blocking is better off for it.  

Peace Karen