birth control question

RKLC2002
on 11/24/11 11:20 pm - Omaha, NE
Thanks.   This is my exact issue as well.  I need the hormone birth control because I already lost one ovary due to a borderline cancerous cyst.   And, I have many fibroids.   I don't need it for true 'birth control' right now, it's only for the cyst issue.    I'll check on NuvaRing as well.   At 42, I'm just 'buying time' until I have to have everything removed.  My doctor doesn't want to do it for another 5+ years if we can help it.     Geez, being a woman can be complicated.  ; 0

I am still loving my DS thought!!!   : )

5' 10"    HW= 327   SW=319 lbs        CW=200  (lowest was 180)    GW=170

No regrets with my DS!!!  

Open DS with Dr. Anthone  - October 14, 2011
Ventral Hernia repair/panniculectomy/hysterectomy - Nov 2012; 
Bowel Blockage due to hysterectomy and adhesions - Feb 2013;
Ventral Hernia repair with mesh - Dec 2013

sade07
on 11/25/11 1:25 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
I had a lot of trouble with a major fibroid.  After unsuccessfully trying several medications and therapies my OB wanted me to have a hysterectomy (age 39).  I did some research and discovered a surgery called myomectomy.  I had to be somewhat stubborn and eventually referred to another OB who performed the procedure (in a nutshell...similar to c-section where they make abdominal incision through to the uterus, remove the fibroid(s) and sew you all back up).  Everything remains intact and normally functioning.  
This may be something you want to consider and then you don't have to buy time and suffer for 5+ years.
My 2 cents.  : )