I'm Pregnant!

* Gail R *
on 11/22/11 2:26 am, edited 11/22/11 2:26 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I would continue glucose testing on a regular basis, especially when pregnant. I was medication free for nearly two years and then the diabetes returned. I am in the process of getting this figured out. Maybe damage from long term type two brought on permanent problems. My point is that the body can change depending on diet, stress and health. I am disappointed about what happened to me, but this new diabetes is much easier to control. I just have to get back in the habit of frequently testing my Blood sugars. Pregnancy can bring on gestational forms of diabetes, as well. Use caution.
Edited to add:
ooppps MY MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE IS CONGRATULATIONS. MAY THIS BE THE HAPPIEST TIMES OF YOUR LIVES.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Bonnie R.
on 11/22/11 5:22 am - Stratford, CT
 yes, yes, I do plan to test.  I was actually critically questioning what someone else told me a couple weeks ago on this board.  
Mannyb23
on 11/22/11 3:25 am - Fort Worth, TX
Congrats!!!!
My new life is beginning!         
mel1964
on 11/22/11 3:38 am

CONGRADULATIONS LADY!!!!!

dgb123
on 11/22/11 3:54 am - Fairfax, VA
Bonnie!  What wonderful news!  Congratulations to you and your family!

Donna

bdocker
on 11/22/11 4:11 am
Amazing happy news! Congrats

Having been a prior fanatic over all complications OB related I can't think of a single logical reason why someone would choose NOT to do gestational diabetes testing.

I do know of people who had issues with nausea and went ahead with the gestational diabetes diet and didn't do a "fasting" glucose because they couldn't keep the sugary liquid down. Wonder if perhaps that is what they were talking about?

Either way so incredibly happy for you.

Bren
gak
on 11/22/11 4:39 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 AWESOME Bonnie ! Congrats ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

J J the Jet Plane
on 11/22/11 5:02 am
Bonnie I am sooo soo happy for you!
How exciting.  I hope you have a healthy pregnancy (and baby in 8 months)

I bet you are just over the moon!
JJ
Bonnie R.
on 11/22/11 5:24 am - Stratford, CT
 yes! Over the moon is a good description!  My husband too!  Since it has taken so long, I think we both want to pinch ourselves and sometimes just can't believe it!
DEB C.
on 11/22/11 5:23 am - NY
CONGRATULATIONS!!!