I'm Pregnant!

Bonnie R.
on 11/21/11 10:24 pm - Stratford, CT
 YAY!  My husband and I are thrilled!  I'm not far along, but all my blood tests keep coming back great and I have my first ultrasound next week!

(for those of you who know me on FB, please do not make comments on FB yet, thanks)

Back a couple weeks ago I read from someone they were able to get out of the glucose testing.  If you are reading this, can you tell me how you managed that?  And why your doctor would agree to it?  Why this was important to you?  I wish I had asked at the time.  Doh. Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 10:36 pm
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Awesome news!!!
walter A.
on 11/21/11 10:44 pm - lafayette, NJ
DON'T STOP GLUCOSE TESTING, EVER, WLS IS NOT A CURE, JUST A GOOD TOOL TO MANAGE DIABETES.  YOUR MAJOR CHANGE IN DIET IS THE REASON FOR THE APPARENT CHANGE IN A1C,  YOUR STILL AT RISK FOR COMPLICATIONS SO BE WARY AND YOUR UNBORN CHILD MORE SO.  I SEE THE RESEARCHERS AT CORNELL AND COLUMBIA TO TRACK MY 3 TYPES OF DIABETES. 
newyorkbitch
on 11/21/11 10:50 pm
Congrats!!! Will your first ultrasound be at 7 weeks???
Bonnie R.
on 11/21/11 10:53 pm - Stratford, CT
newyorkbitch
on 11/21/11 11:09 pm
Think about postponing to 7. At 6 weeks you might not see a heartbeat yet even if everything is okay. But at 7 weeks if everything is okay you should see a heartbeat for sure. Going in at 6 weeks and not seeing a heartbeat can be upsetting and then you have a hellish wait until the next ultrasound. Even 6.5 weeks is better than 6 weeks.
Bonnie R.
on 11/21/11 11:15 pm - Stratford, CT
 Since it is what my doctor recommended, I think I'll stick with that.  But I understand what you are saying.
newyorkbitch
on 11/21/11 10:54 pm
Bonnie you MUST be tested for gestational diabetes as is standard. Why on earth would you risk not doing it??? What whacky irresponsible OB would ever not test you??

You have come so far....don't put your fetus at any more risk than you have to. The testing is no big deal.
Bonnie R.
on 11/21/11 11:05 pm - Stratford, CT
 I didn't say I wouldn't be tested.  I plan to be tested.  Oy, I'm asking about someone else who talked about her pregnancy a few weeks back.  In fact if you read my questions, it is questioning (nicely) why she would not. 

hopingintx
on 11/21/11 11:00 pm

Congratulations!

I'm happy for you and your DH.
Nancy