kat81
on 11/25/11 10:49 pm
I like this. :)
Elia-B
on 11/26/11 2:08 am
 Thank you  :D

lesliecoley
on 11/22/11 12:20 am - chantilly, VA
I just had my surgery (1 month ago tomorrow). I have been thinking the same thing. I don't like the taste of anything, and am having problems getting in all the fluids too. What protein supplements have you used that you like? I haven't found anything that I like yet.

Frostbite25
on 11/22/11 12:32 am
 One month out is too early to know what you will like yet or what will sit fell with your new guts. It is normal to loose taste for foods early out, it gets better with time. If something doesn't sit well at 1 month out try it again in a few months you might be surprises. 

WLS: Total lost 260 lbs - 03/14/11 Duodenal Switch with Dr. Mitchel Roslin
PS: 02/10/14 LBL w/ Anchor cut, Long Thigh Lift, Arm Lift, Breast Lift with Dr. Francisco Sauceda

Dr. Sauceda's Patient Group - Click here to Join

lesliecoley
on 11/22/11 12:37 am - chantilly, VA
Thanks for the positive encouragement. This really is a process isn't it. I'll check out that website you referenced also.

Frostbite25
on 11/22/11 12:50 am
 Yes one month is way too early :) it is a life long journey! I am 8 months out and I am still learning ! 

WLS: Total lost 260 lbs - 03/14/11 Duodenal Switch with Dr. Mitchel Roslin
PS: 02/10/14 LBL w/ Anchor cut, Long Thigh Lift, Arm Lift, Breast Lift with Dr. Francisco Sauceda

Dr. Sauceda's Patient Group - Click here to Join

Elia-B
on 11/22/11 2:29 am
At one month out your body is barely on the path to adjusting. I would stick closely to what your Dr. has recommended you do.  The taste of things will get better.. maybe not everything but alot or most.  I use Jay Robb's Egg White protein powder.  I use the Egg White because I have a sensitivety to milk protein, casien.  It causes congestion in my lungs. Up until very recently, though, I had been successful in using milk but it finally started to bother me with increased congestion. 

Be sure to exercise early on!  It will help your body retain your muscle mass instead of it trying to get burned up as your body losses weight.

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/11 1:39 am - Bayonne, NJ
Vegetables are what my food eats.

You're not taking in enough calories and you're in starvation mode. You need dense protein.
Elia-B
on 11/22/11 2:30 am
On most days I'm averaging 100+ grams of protein via protein drinks.  I just can't get in the amount I need with the dense protein... I end up falling short of my protein goal. 

MsBatt
on 11/22/11 3:32 am
Vegetables are what my food eats.

LOL!!! Mine, too. (*grin*)